> chapter fourteen

Elly's pov

I was thrown off when an Asian man strutted onto stage and began singing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.

But then again it is a bar.

Josh sloppily grabs me by the waist and pulls me up to his chest. I wrap my arms around his neck and lean into him.

He wraps his arms around my torso and rests his head head on my shoulder.

My body goes tense.

"You smell n-ice Elly." Josh whispers in my ear. The smell of his bitter-sweet alcohol rolls onto my face. We slowly spin around in circles as the man singing howls.

"AND I-E-I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOOOU."

I was almost tempted to plug my ears, but instead I twirl joshes baby hair at the base of his neck around my pinky finger.

Josh mumbles something under his breath but I couldn't make out what he said.

"Are you okay josh?"

He lets go of my waist and grabs my face pulling mine closer to his. We stand there looking into each other eyes for a few moments.

Before I had a chance to pull away josh let's go and whispers, "I want to go home."

He grabs his stomach and hurls all over the dance floor. Everyone gasps and backs away.

"I'm okay." Josh tries to stand up but falls back down to the floor luckily missing his puke.

"Come on josh, let's get you home." I grab his elbow and tug him up and towards the bar stools.

"Gone so soon?" Mathew laughs and begins wiping down the counter.

"You've got some panic going on at the disc, have fun cleaning it up."

Josh sits down and I grab his shirt and pull it over his head.

"Are we going home yet?"

"Just a second, I have to put your shoes on."

Josh chuckles.

"Are all my to-es there?" Josh wiggles his toes.

"What?" Is he really this drunk?

"MY TOES!" Luckily I had his second shoe tied before he jumped down and jolted to the door.

"Ill see you later Mathew." I wave.

Mathew opens his mouth as if he was going to say something but I run out before he can.

Josh is sitting on a bench, with his legs crossed.

"Are you ready to go home josh?"

He pops up from his seat and walks over to me.

"Please." He grabs my hand and starts walking towards the house.

We walk in silence all the way to the house, Josh tugging me behind him. He stumbles once or twice but nothing like he was in the bar. When he gets to the house, he pulls the key out from under the rug and unlocks the door.

"You never saw that!" He laughs and pulls me into the house.

I roll my eyes as he falls onto the couch.

"C'mon Josh, let's get you to your bedroom."

He mumbles as I drag him off the couch and pull him to his room. I take a moment to observe. The walls are painted grey, pop cans litter the hard wood floor in neat little piles.

He has a picture frame laying face down on his night stand along with a few nose rings and a lamp. It's all very bland.

I bend down and begin taking off his shoes. He just sits there with a dazed look on his face. I sit his shoes by his bed, and pull his shirt over his head.

"Hey now, I'm not that kind of person. You better not be pulling anything nasty."

I giggle at his brazen drunk talk and toss the shirt across the room. He lays down and his eyes begin to flutter close. I reach down, brush the hair from his forehead, and a small kiss right between his eyebrows.

Thank goodness he is drunk so he can't remember the redness growing on my cheeks right now. I pull the covers over him and turn towards the door.

"Goodnight Jos-" before I can open the door he tugs me down onto the bed and wraps his arms around me.

My stomach flutters as he buries his head in the dip of my neck, "You smell nice Elly."

_______________________________
Comment/vote/comment

Qotd: do you like drunk Josh?

2ndQotd: do you like the new character Mathew?

;)