Robbie Kay Short Imagine: Let's Be Awkward and Drink Hot Chocolate

Requested by anonymous on Tumblr: "4 AND ROBBIE PLS AND THANK YOU"

Prompt:

#4. "I'm sorry for being awkward, I just really like you."

_________________________________________________

The streets of London were entirely all too busy for your taste, and you had to squeeze yourself through the immense number of people that were scrambling about. It was claustrophobic, really, nothing anybody would willingly be out doing on a Friday night unless they were tourists or wandering window shoppers.

You took a deep breathe, maneuvering sideways through an arguing couple, muttering a small apology even though you knew they couldn't hear you over their obnoxious bickering. With a grunt of displeasure, you plopped down on a bench, the cold metal chilling your skin almost instantly. 

You rubbed your hands up your arms, wishing that you'd brought a jacket along with you. The wind nipped at your skin, and the sun had long since disappeared behind the droopy, gray clouds, making it even more chilly than it was.

You pulled your phone out from your pocket, typing in a short password. Your Instagram feed was much less interesting than watching the people around you, so after clicking it off again, you stuffed it back to it's original place. You drowsily rubbed your dry eyes, resting your elbows on your knees. 

Today had been stressful, with all the running around and juggling your constantly changing schedule. You were reminded once again by your growling stomach that you had also not eaten anything since breakfast this morning, completely forgetting about lunch and dinner.

You heard a shuffle next to you, and then felt something warm fall onto your shoulders. You groggily opened your eyes to look at the stranger, the street lamp giving off just enough light to see his beautiful features. 

With a button nose, sharp cheekbones, and very descriptive eyes stood a boy who looked to be around your age. A small smile melted onto his face as you gave him a tired one of your own, tilting your head at his kind gesture. You knew nothing about who this boys was, yet he was treating you so nicely; it shocked you. Most people, like the dozens of other that had passed, would have just spared you a glance and continued on their way. 

"I'm sorry, I just noticed that you were shivering and felt the need to lend a helping hand..."

You frowned to yourself for not even being able to control the weird movement; shivering made you feel like a helpless chihuahua. It was embarrassing really, how nobody had even stopped to ask if you were okay.

You gave him a sleepy smile, reaching to pull his jacket from your shoulders to give it back," Thank you so much, but it I rather nippy out tonight. I think you'd better keep this for yourself, I'll make it smell like a girl."

As you finished you gave off a small giggle, relishing in the thought of making a boys jacket smell like a girl. It was in the spur of the moment that you made the comment, and had no time to take it back from mid air. Only a few seconds after did you realize how creepy the reply probably was to him, a random stranger you'd just met.

"No, you keep it. You're still shivering a bit, and plus I wouldn't mind having something to show off to my man friends!" He joked, lifting his arms to flex them while laughing.

You smiled wider, a laugh bursting from your lips. The people walking by either gave you a strangle look or smiled at the noise, and some just chose to ignore you completely. 

He laughed too, sliding onto the bench next to you. He kept in his own personal space bubble, which you thought was considerate because you'd only just met. He was in every meaning adorable, an absolute cutie.

"That was a weird first impression, wasn't it? I'm sorry for being so awkward, I just really like you...the names Robbie, Robbie Kay." he chuckled, jutting his hand out for you to shake.

You took it, looking into his eyes and smiling, "(Y/N)"

He hesitantly let go of your hand, the two of you blushing slightly. He nervously scratched the back of his head with his hand, and then put it in his lap. Shying away from your kind gaze, he looked down to his lap, and then back to you. His face was tinted in more red than before, the color dusting his face suiting him cutely. 

"Would you like to, maybe, walk down to that cafe on the corner? I...think some hot chocolate sounds pretty good this time of night, and it would warm you up quite a bit!" He jeered, his voice shaking slightly.

You nodded your head slightly, excitement and nervousness flooding your veins so much that you wanted to faint, "Yes, I would, um, I would like that very much..."

He grinned from ear to ear, standing up and taking your smaller hand into his. You, out of complete instinct, entwined your fingers together. As you glanced up to him, you found him already staring, soft eyes melting into your own. 

He looked down at your hands held tightly together, and then looked to you, "Ready to go?" 

"Yep, now let's go get hot chocolate before it gets any colder out here!"