The Chase

Request: "#87 with Pan please? No smut, just angry kisses maybe? ☺️ (love ur imagines btw)"

- 87. "Push me away all you want, I'll always come back."

______________________________

"Pan...hey, pssssst...hey Pan..." you whispered in a low voice, a slight grin seizing your lips as you watched him through the wooden bars of the cage you sat in.

It had grown dark in Neverland, the sun having disappeared behind the thick growing bushes and trees that bloomed so heavily there. The cold breeze that twisted through the knarled together trees made small bumps appear on your skin and your hair to stand on end. 

You were so high up, enclosed in a bamboo like cage, that you would have thought that some heat would have risen up reach you, but you were proven wrong when you felt your body start to lightly shiver. You could feel a wave a nausea  drift over you as the cage started to sway by your movements, almost as if you were on a boat.

You gave a short lived growl to the boy beneath you, grinding your teeth in frustration. He sat below where your cage swung from the tall tree, arms crossed and a slight frown on his lips. You knew he wasn't alseep because of his shuffling movements, all though you couldn't really see him because of the darkness that had surrounded you.

"Pan!" You finally shouted, forgetting about the Lost Boys who were back at camp sleeping not too far away. 

You heard a muffled thump, and then a low groan from him. The sound of shuffling beneath you made your breath catch in your throat in regret of your actions, and your heart started pounding wildly in your chest. You could hear him growling like a vicious wolf below you, and you then knew that you definitely were going to be in some sort of trouble.

"What?!, " he yelled back, practically seething in anger, "You seem to have forgotten that there are boys on this island that are trying to get at least an hour of sleep, and it's quite hard to do when you're up there shouting and shaking the bars of your cage!"

You huffed, defiantly crossing your arms across your chest, " I'm cold and cramped. Planning on letting me out anytime soon?" 

He grunted, and then you heard more shuffling, probably him laying back down on the makeshift bed he had made to keep watch over your cage so you didn't escape. You pouted angrily, listening to the squeaky noise your teeth made as you harshly slammed them against one another. In frustration, you clasped the bars of your cage in your hands, and began to rattle them back and forth so that the locked door banged against the walls around it.

"Let me out, Pan!" You cried, determined to make as much noise as you could just to annoy him.

Another shuffle was heard, and soon enough, you felt a jolt as the cage was slowly lowered closer to the ground. You could hear the sound of the rope pulley scraping against the other tree, and your stomach jumped as the cage banged against the ground, rattling the whole thing violently. You were thrown backwards by the force, hitting your head on the back bars behind you.

You brought a hand up to rub the back of your head, a bump forming beneath your fingers as you felt for any further damage, "Oww!"

A hand was slammed onto the cage above you, and you jumped, eyes widening in fright. His knuckles were practically white with anger as he clenched the top of the cage in his hands, his face coming into view as he bent down so that his face was level to yours. 

He was anything but happy; jaw tight, eyes glaring as if he was looking at the sun, and a snarky smirk set on his face where it usually was. This smirk was different, however, not the usual cocky or amused one, but more of a pissed undertone to it instead, and it was tight lipped. His face was flushed, and the vein in his neck was throbbing quite visibly.