Chapter 3 - Settled in

Okay!!! So, I know a lot of you have been waiting for this update and I'm so so sorry that I didn't update this story in like, forever. I didn't know how to continue it so I had put it on hold.

A couple of days ago, I felt really nostalgic and started re-watching Inuyasha from the beginning. When I watched and saw the 'hero' of this story, aka Naraku, the gears in my brain began to chug away! So here it is, the third chapter after a super long wait for all you readers!

My humblest apologies for the wait. *dramatic deep bow*

Lol anyway, hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~

Ritsu pov:

"Stupid demon!" I yelled frustrated giving one last hit on its head with my katana. The deranged raccoon demon screeched as blood flew out from the slash I had given it on its head and fell to the ground almost lifeless.

Shaking off the remaining blood from the blade of my katana, I walked to the raccoon demon and plucked out the Jewel Shard that was stuck in the center of its forehead. With a sickening moan, the demon turned into dust and the only thing left was a heap of bones. I mentally gagged seeing everything of the demon turn into dust. Man, I had seen this so many times and it still made me feel disgusted.

I sighed shaking my head as I pocketed the Jewel Shard and sheathed my katana at my waist.

I turned around and walked away from the so called battlefield. This was a demon that had been terrorizing surrounding villages. Because of the power of a single Jewel Shard, demons lost their sanity and became nothing more than killing machines. In one way it was sad but most of the demons that got their hands on a Shard weren't exactly friendly demons to begin with anyway.

After a few minutes of walking, I made it to another clearing where Kagura was waiting for me. She was leaning against a tree, arms folded and eyes closed. When she heard my footsteps, she opened her blood red eyes to look at me with a glare.

"Took your own sweet time to kill off a stupid raccoon demon! How annoying. Honestly, why do I have to be babysitting a human brat?" She sneered out as she leaned away from the tree. She didn't look at me as she walked away from me and I followed her.

"Don't get huffy with me, Kagura. Master Naraku is the one who said you're responsible for transportation. I'm just here to fight the demons and get the Jewel Shards." I muttered just as annoyed as her.

What was her problem, seriously?! I barely knew her. She was Naraku's spawn, made from his flesh and blood and she actually hated being under his control. She always complained about wanting her freedom and hating the fact that Naraku had her heart. Well, that was definitely not a romantic reference even though I kind of thought of it that way when she first told me. But later on I learnt that Naraku literally had her heart, using it as a way of controlling her very existence.

Nonetheless, she was a strong wind sorceress who saw me as an insignificant dust ball at her feet. I got enough of her attitude back in the castle; well, she actually ignored me most of the time. But it was annoying to see her glare at me or degrade me by calling me a wench or whatever and I didn't need more of it on every Jewel Shard hunting mission we went out on.

Besides her, I've actually been getting along pretty well with the rest of the lot, including Naraku.

Kanna is kind of emotionless. She resembles a 5-6 year old kid in physique. She is Naraku's incarnation too so she's not the same as a regular kid. She always carries around a mirror which I still don't know what it's used for and she barely talks. Having any sort of conversation with her is pointless though her silent company is welcoming sometimes. Being with someone who doesn't talk is better than being alone, after all.