Chapter 5 - Human Emotions

Ritsu pov:

By the time we made it back to the castle, I was sweating buckets. I was extremely exhausted from the non stop prickling pain that covered my entire back. The wound on my arm had been bleeding the whole time and I figured I had lost quite a bit of blood. I was feeling dizzy and even as the demon landed inside the castle courtyard, I felt extremely lightheaded.

As I stepped off the demon, I stumbled and fell on one knee. I took support on the ground with one hand to prevent from falling on my face and I breathed heavily.

"Kagura! Kanna! Ritsu is hurt! I need help here!" Kohaku called out as he came to kneel beside me.

I heard a scoff as Kagura came walking to me. "Look at you, you're a mess! But its not very strange seeing that you actually fought against Sesshomaru. I'm actually surprised that you didn't have your limbs chopped off."

"Great to see that you're worried for me, Kagura." I said sarcastically. "Could you help me inside?"

"Tch, get up!" She took a hold of my upper arm and pretty much dragged me into the castle and to my room. I wanted to roll my eyes at how much of an attitude she had. She hated everyone....jeez, how annoying.

Once we were inside, she let me fall to my knees in the middle of the room and she ripped off my mask. She threw it to the side and walked away. I shut my eyes in pain, reaching for my shoulder and wondering how I should go ahead with cleaning and wrapping my wounds. I looked up though when Kagura returned holding some bandages and a bowl of water.

"Naraku told me to tend to you." She said irritated and sat down behind me.

She didn't ask for my permission and just ripped off my clothes so that my back was visible to her. She first reached with her hand and began pulling out the splinters that were still stuck to my skin. I hissed through my teeth but shut my eyes and bit my bottom lip hard enough to draw blood. I stayed absolutely still with my hands tightly clenched as she continued with what she was doing.

"You're really in a mess....your whole back is covered in scratches and a dark bruise." She said rather disgusted and I sighed.

Kagura then dipped a cloth in water and began to wipe off the blood and disinfect the wound. That hurt even more than when she was taking out the splinters! I felt tears prick my eyes but I did my best not to let out any sound.

"You don't look too good, Ritsu." I tensed when I heard Naraku's deep voice inside the room. I could hear his footsteps as he walked closer to us.

My face flamed and I crossed my arms over my front. I was sitting here with a ripped dress, half naked in fact. I had nothing covering my upper body and Naraku, a man, had just walked into the room without even knocking! My heart had begun to pound in my ears and I stared at the ground anxiously.

I turned into ice as he stopped just a foot away from me and Kagura and I could feel his aura literally fanning me. Oh gosh! Why was he here?! This was so embarrassing!

"But I have to say, I am impressed on how you fought Sesshomaru. I did warn you about his skills and yet you were brave, talking back to him as if he were the same status as you. Your maneuvers were much more precise than your previous fights and I must say, the idea of using your spiritual energy along with your katana was intelligent." He complimented, chuckling as he probably remembered the fight.

"T-thanks..." I mumbled out still awkward and wrapping my arms tighter around myself.

"You did well for your first real battle. You can rest for the next few days. I have some other plans for the next Jewel Shards so in the mean time, stay in the castle and recuperate." He said before turning around and walking out of the room.