Chapter 4 - Lord Sesshomaru

This chapter is dedicated to my sweetheart imouto chan Angie_Taisho because she is soooooo in love with Lord FLuffbutt. 

Oops! Sorry for your Lord's nickname

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ritsu pov:

"Dog demon?" I asked curiously as Naraku watched me smirking. I knew that look on his face. It was when he got a brilliant plan to defeat some demon or village or something. It wasn't one I was particularly fond of.

"Does he have a lot of Jewel Shards?" I asked and Naraku chuckled with his eyes closed.

"No. On the contrary, he has none." I raised a brow at him. Okay.....so Naraku had an interest in a demon who didn't have any Jewel Shards. This is new.

"If he doesn't have any Jewel Shards, why do you want me to fight him?" I deadpanned. I mean, c'mon! Naraku wants the Jewel Shards! Why would he send me to fight some random demon who doesn't have any? Wait....I already said that, didn't I?

"Sesshomaru is a formidable foe. He is one out of many who stand in my way of attaining my full power from the Shikon Jewel. I merely wish for him to be taken care of as soon as possible." Naraku answered coolly.

Ah, I didn't think of it that way, did I? Being a pretty powerful demon, and an evil one at that, its understandable that he would have people who are fighting against him. If it wasn't for his threat and also the bracelet that bound me to him, I would have also been one of his enemies. He killed innocent people for his selfish desire for power. I had come to accept that he was this way because the bracelet prevented me from being able to harm him in the slightest.

When I first met him, I hated him. I hated that I was serving an evil demon despite being a demon slayer. I wasn't doing my job of defeating demons to protect other people, instead feeling afraid of ending up killed. I chose to serve a power hungry demon to protect my life.

Even now I knew that Naraku had full control over my life. Be it the bracelet or merely because of his raw power. His demonic power was on a level that I had never sensed in any other demon I came across. If he just glared at some demons, they would disintegrate. I knew he was the very personification of pure darkness. His heart was just a black corrupted object, his mind always pulling out the most painful and traumatizing schemes possible.

Someone like me couldn't defeat him....at least not alone. Just being around him made you seem so insignificant. I did have some amount of spiritual power....many people said that it was actually quite strong. But I had no confidence that it would spare well against Naraku. He could make puppets, incarnations, make almost every demon obey him because of his power, he was literally made up of that purple miasma.....I couldn't find any weakness!

He was a sadist and yet when it came to talking to me, he always seemed....nice. I suppose I got some concession because I was so 'loyal'. In one way, I'm glad I took the safe route.

"Okay, so you want me to fight him and defeat him?" I pressed. I didn't actually want to use the word kill because this Sesshomaru guy seemed like a pretty high level person. If he had the title of 'Lord', maybe he was from a royal family.

"Fight him yes, but you wont be able to defeat him." Naraku opened his blood red eyes to look at me. He was smirking and there was a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Sesshomaru is not an ordinary demon. He's a full fledged Yokai and the son of the most power demon to have existed in this world, Ino no Taisho. The entire Western Lands are his domain and his skills are very much appreciable."

I nodded slowly, taking in the information. "He is fast, very agile and carries two swords with him. One of them is the Tenseiga which was forged from his father's fang and has the ability to bring life. The other blade is called Tokijin, forged from the fang of one of the demons that was once a part of me. It is powerful and destructive so you should be careful of his swift attacks. One hit and it can be fatal."