Chapter 10 - Leaving Mt. Hakurei

Kagome pov:

"Kagome! You're late!" I rolled my eyes at Inuyasha's obvious comment. That's the first thing he would say every time I returned from the modern era. Honestly, he was always so impatient!

"Oh shush, Inuyasha! You were complaining about no more ramen so I had to go to the department store and buy so much! Just look at how heavy my bag is! Do you know how painstakingly long it is to have to go shopping for your ramen? And now you're complaining that I'm late! Have some sympathy, will you?" I muttered annoyed.

"Heh! Sympathy she says! Its not like you do anything anyway! The only reason you're tagging along is because you can sense the Jewel Shards. We would have all been totally fine even if you weren't tagging along!" Inuyasha turned away with his arms crossed. My brow twitched seeing that he was staring to rub off his annoying side again.

"Inuyasha...." I said in a low voice.

"C'mon Inuyasha, you shouldn't be saying that to Kagome! She is the only reason why we've been able to get this far in finding the Jewel Shards as well as Naraku." Miroku supported as he spoke to him in a slightly scolding tone.

"Miroku's right, you know? Without Kagome, we'd just be running around in circles." Sango added.

"Yeah, Inuyasha!" Shippo hopped onto my shoulder. "Besides, Kagome always brings back so many stuff! It always helps us when we travel....and she gets lots of tasty sweets too! She's always worried about us!" He said happily making me smile.

"Whatever! I still think we would have done totally fine without her."

That's exactly when he hit a nerve. I heard a pop and I took a deep breath before looking up at Inuyasha with a rather sparkling smile. "Inuyasha?" I said in a slightly sing song voice still smiling.

He yelped, holding up one arm defensively as he watched me with wide eyes. He knew exactly what was coming for him. "W-wait Kagome! P-please don't! I didn't mean....!!"

"SIT BOY!!"

He fell face first into the mud, leaving him twitching and groaning in pain. Shippo who was still on my shoulder sighed deeply. "He's such an idiot...."

"He never learns." Sango sighed as well and I put my nose up in the air with an angry 'hmph'.

Stupid Inuyasha! He always says that! I really have no idea what it is I like about him! He's always running behind Kikyo and he always calls me useless no matter how much I do for him! He's so ungrateful sometimes!!

"So Kagome," I broke out of my thoughts as Miroku called out to me. "Were you able to get any information on the girl who served Naraku? You said that she was singing a song from your time. Were you able to get any leads?"

"Yeah....I was able to get information on her. Actually, ever since I saw her the first time we fought, I had this feeling that I had seen her somewhere. When I saw a video of her, I realized that she was someone from another school who had come for a dance competition to my school. I was still in elementary grade so I couldn't remember her face the minute I saw it." I sat down on the grass just outside Kaede's village. I decided to show everyone the evidence before we decided what our next move would be.

"So, she is someone from your time, Kagome?" We all looked up when we heard a voice. My eyes went slightly wide as I saw her there.

"Kikyo...." Inuyasha said in an airy voice. I looked away no wanting to see any of the depressed looks that Inuyasha always had when he saw Kikyo.

"So you know the human, girl. Who is she? To think a demon slayer and priestess would willingly serve Naraku....how much lower can humans get." We heard another voice and I mentally goaned, knowing what was going to happen next.