Chapter 8 - Acknowledged

Ritsu pov:

The time we took to get back to Mt. Hakurei felt like forever. I told myself a hundred times that nothing happened but obviously, it wasn't something that was easy to ignore. Nonetheless, I did relax enough to lift my head up and look around along the way.

When we did make it to Mt. Hakurei, I raised my brows a little. "The Spiritual Barrier has gotten really strong." I mumbled out looking at the foggy presence around the mountain.

But as we passed through, the path which we used to get into the mountain cleared off so that Naraku wouldn't be purified. Of course his barrier sparked as well as cracked a bit but it didn't shatter completely. He was safe from being purified and whoever had put up this barrier was making sure nothing happened to Naraku.

"That's correct. I was able to help a saint break free from his fears of dying for the sake of other foolish people." Naraku said and I looked up at his face. The minute I did though, my heart jolted. I looked away immediately, my cheeks getting warm as well. Darn....I still hadn't come back to normal! I couldn't even bring myself to look at his face!

"Y-you mean the saint K-Kanna mentioned earlier?" I mentally cursed again for stuttering.

"That is correct. Saint Hakushin is powerful and he will be keeping this barrier up during the time I take to reconstruct my body. It will be advantageous to me since I won't have trouble dealing with my consistent enemies. The Band of Seven along with you and Kohaku will keep them busy in that time." Naraku said again and I just nodded without looking at him.

"Okay....so I'm guessing I'll be meeting this Inuyasha person and his gang soon?" I took another chance to glance up at him. He met my gaze and my heart felt totally out of control.

"Yes, you will." He replied. I just gave another nod and we landed at a cave entrance on a high ledge.

Kagura was glaring at us from inside. Because of the strong spiritual barrier as well as the lack of a miasma barrier herself, she couldn't even come to the entrance of the cave. Naraku let me go and I followed him into the cave.

"You may do whatever you want for now, Ritsu. I will call for you when I need you to assist Bankotsu or do anything else. You may walk around Mt. Hakurei but you are forbidden to leave the barrier without permission. If you do so, results will not be pleasant." I mentally cringed at his warning. But I managed a smile as I looked at him and nodded. I did my best to act normal after the weird incident earlier.

"Whatever you say." He gave me a nod before walking into one of the caves on the other side of this central hollow area in the mountain.

I sighed deeply finally feeling like I could breathe again. Seeing Naraku's hair swaying as he walked away from us didn't help my thoughts at the moment. I always had this habit of running my fingers through people's hair especially if it was long. I had been itching to touch his hair since the day I accepted being around him. He wasn't such a bad guy once you got to know him and he was pretty nice to you as long as you did whatever he wanted you to do.

I sighed deeply again coming out of my seemingly endless thoughts of Naraku. "Could you stop glaring holes through my head, Kagura? What is your problem anyway??" I turned to her deadpanning.

"What is my problem?? You're my problem! Its so unfair that you get to go out of this stupid cave! Sure, you're just a measly human but what the hell does Naraku treat you so nicely?!" She hissed out making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know. Why don't you go ask him, oh great Wind Sorceress?" I spoke rather dramatically. I was pissed off at the moment because I already had a line of crazy thoughts going through my head. I didn't need her to yell at me for something that wasn't even my fault.