5. c h e e r i n g

Audrey Stone,
Under the pillow of her soft bed,
101 South Shore Road

My dear sassy Audrey,

You were pissed at me the entire day because I called you grumpy in the last letter. But, sweetheart, did you not see the 'dear' I added before it?

I never really realised how much my opinion really meant to you, until that irritating girl you hang out with made me understand. I'm sorry for the way I acted with the whole incident with the paintings. Let me see them once more, pretty please? I promise I'll help you decide which one to send to the competition.

Anyway, the big game is coming up and I want you to be there. It may seem like I take our friendship for granted, but believe me, it means a lot to me when I see you in the stands, wearing my jersey. Out of all the cheers I hear, yours is the loudest and possibly the only one that matters.

You know what my biggest dream is? To play soccer for this country. Yes, I pretend that I play the game only because dad wants me to, but I would have left it a long time ago had it not become a part of me. I know Audrey that you're still unsure about the future, but what do you dream of doing? Remember, a dream implies imagination.

Bear hugs and kisses for a good night,
Will.
(The champ)