Part 8.: How did powerful weapons fail?

*After Amber 2-7 crashed, Ruby, Tai, Qrow, and Yang were lucky to be alive* *But, the helicopter died in the crash* *The remaining helicopters in the area are searching for any possible survivors* *Ruby is unconcious* Tai: *Worried as he sits on the ground and holds onto Ruby* "Ruby! Come on, wake up!" *Ruby still doesn't wake up* *Tai shakes her* "Come on, wake up!" *Still no response* *Tai then sheds a tear* "Come on, don't do this!" *Qrow and Yang are worried* *Qrow crouches, and lays his right ear on Ruby's chest, then stops* Qrow: "Her heart is beating and I felt her chest moving as if she was breathing. She's probably either in a coma, or is just unconcious... " *Picks Ruby up and then carries her on his left shoulder* "Come on, we should get going." *Qrow, carrying Ruby, starts walking to another area, along with Tai and Yang* *One hour later... * *They've arrived at an abandoned house, and Qrow kicks the door open, and the group eventually enters the house, and Qrow then closes the door behind him as he enters the old abandoned house* *The next day... * *Ruby wakes up, and finds herself in a bedroom* Ruby: *Puzzled as she says to self* "Where am I? This is not my bedroom... " *Notices that she's wearing her huntress outfit, but not her pajamas* "Why am I still wearing my boots and things?? Hm... " *Gets out of bed and then leaves the bedroom* *She then closes the door after leaving the bedroom, and then starts searching the house* *She then walks downstairs, and notices Qrow, who's passed-out drunk on the couch* *She then eventually reaches the floor at the bottom of the stairs, and then eventually wakes Qrow up* Qrow: *Sees Ruby as he opens his eyes and smiles* "Well. Hello there, kiddo... Did you sleep good after that helicopter crash?" Ruby: *Shocked and worried* "Oh my gosh, the crash! Are my dad and Yang alright?!" Qrow: *Serious face* "No... " Ruby: *Sad* Qrow: *Laughs* "Don't worry, kiddo... They're fine, they're both sleeping in the bedroom that's next to the one that you were in... And I think we should get the day started, so why not go and wake them up and so we could try and find evacuation so we could get out of here, ok?" Ruby: "Alright." *Ruby then walks upstairs, and then opens the door to the bedroom that Tai and Yang are sleeping in, and then wakes Yang up* Yang: "Oh. Good Morning, sis." Ruby: "Good Morning, Yang. Qrow told me to wake you and dad up to get the day started so we can try and find evacuation to get out of here." Yang: "Alright." Ruby: *Wakes Tai up* Tai: "Ruby?? Oh, thank God you're awake!" Ruby: "Yeah... But Qrow told me to wake you and Yang up so we could get our day started and try and find evacuation so we could get out of here." Tai: "Ok." *Five hours later... * *The group is walking through a forest, but they then find dead US soldiers and dead Atlas soldiers* Ruby: "I can't believe that they failed to protect the world from the sickness... " Qrow: "How would anyone with that much fire power and powerful weapons even fail against rotted corpses like that??" Tai: "I don't know... But I don't think it would be a sickness. It could be much more than that... " *Looks at the group* "Come on, we need to keep going." *The group then continues walking through the forest*