Second mistake 10 years ago- present

My eyes fluttered open as I registered my surrounding I was in a lab type place. The fluorescent lighting stinging my eyes. The smell of latex overwhelmed me.
I tried to get up ignoring the burning in my side. I was pushed down.
"Don't move! You were dead for about 8 minutes there. Rest. My names Doctor Oswald and I believe you owe me a story." She smiled endearingly.
I obliged and told her my story about the Misfits ,I left out the me being a thief part I just said I came from a place where criminals made kids work for them and I escaped a week in. (Not 15 years of master criminaling in.)
I stayed there for a week and gave her the money from the wallets I had stolen as repayment. She was the only person who ever stood up for me.
I walked out and returned to the city. My side sore from my recent injury.
-------
I didn't have anywhere to stay so I slept in an alleyway. I stole food from where I could get it.
Eventually after a month other people came my way. I formed a gang called The Renegades. I was 19 we were good we had been at it for 5 years stealing food and blankets and clothes for survival on the streets. Then somebody got sloppy. Thanks LAZ!  I could hear the sirens approach our alleyway. I was desperate I attempted to throw stuff into the trash to no avail.
The cops were already here.
There was an A blonde skinny guy in a black suit and an African American man dressed much the same.
The African American man handcuffed me against the squad car.It was over for me.
"Detective West she can't be older than 19." The other one looked at me with pity.
"She's not." Detective west replied.
"You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you understand?"The detective started.
"Yes." I responded
"Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?"
"Yes." I responded
"You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. Do you understand?"
"Yes." I responded
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. Do you understand?"
"Yes." I responded
"If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Do you understand?"
"Yes." I responded
"Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?" I listened to the detective drone on.
"I think I'll pass on the attorney thing after I say my piece it won't make much of a difference." I stated I just wanted to be done. If I got prison so be it at least I'll be free.Suck up to the kingpin.Maybe get shanked but I'll survive I always do.
Survival is all I got.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked into a grey a room nothing on the walls or in the room at all. Except a table in the middle with two chairs on either side and a light. As well as a light brown filing cabinet.
"So you wanna explain why you stole over 5,000 dollars worth of merchandise?" Detective West interrogated.
"What's it to you?" I retorted.
"Your the one who declined an attorney so talk." The Detective demanded with a stern look on his face.
"Fine I guess I start 15 years ago." I told him everything right as my finger prints were matched with the biggest crimes in history.
The Detective just looked at me.
"So you stole to stop stealing, to survive?" He asked.
"Yup." I dragged out the word. Popping the P.
" you were really shot?" The detective wondered with a skeptic look in his brown eyes.
I rolled up the part of my shirt with the scar and I showed him.
"Damn." The detective sighed.
"look I can get you a plea,but given you stole some extremely valuable stuff you'll have to serve like 5 years.Plus community survive at the prison. But the media is all over this. When you step out those doors your going to be bombarded with cameras and questions. Just respond no comment ,whatever they ask." Detective west studied me with pity.
"Detective West?" I asked.
"You know,you can call me Joe." He chuckled to himself.
"Joe do you think they'll catch Big Mac?"
"I honestly, don't know." Joe sighed.
I stepped out into a bombardment of lights. I felt like I was at a rave.
" Ms.Revenant how did you manage to steal the ovnau thana and replace it with a forgery and not get caught for five years?" One reporter asked .
"What are you going to steal next?" Another followed.
"Ms.Revenant any comment on how you pulled off the biggest heists of all time?"
I flipped them off and strutted away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hahahahahahaha next chapter starts the Present day!!!
Whoop whoot
I'm helafocused