Chapter 6: Somethings Weird Going On

Arora moved in between Reaper and Goat as I went to take the rear with Reaper. We had reached a spiral staircase that led down somewhere. She looked below but couldn't see a damn thing, she gave Goat approval to move forward.
She glanced at Reaper only to spin around back the other way when a banging noise of a paint can went down the staircase,"God damn it", we looked at Goat to see his reaction. "Relax Goat , we're all trippin in this shit". She took a deep breath an started heading down the staircase but noticed Goat wasn't following. She turned an saw him cutting himself with his hunting knife. I nudged Reaper who looked to where my eyes were trained on. Goat looked at us," I took his name in vain". We continued down the stairs," Ro, snap out of it". I didnt realize he was close to me our bodies touching each other and I could feel his warm breath on my face ," yeah.... Just remembered... Never mind". Reaper nudged Goat to go further.
Once out of ear shot Reaper lowered his rifle,"are you sure your okay?". I nodded my head an looked him in the eyes," forget it Reaper please!"

A loud banging noise caught their attention. They got closer to the sound cautiously ," we heard something in genetics, we are going to check it over", Reaper said through the comms. They walked slowly an carefully through the lab!

Arora shined her light on the cages standing on the right side of Goat. She stared ahead an tried to get a clear understanding on what she was looking at. They're were destroyed cages with flesh stuck to the metal.
"Looks like we missed the party!" Reaper whispered to her. She smirked an looked ahead.

"What happened to all the animals? We were just here". Goat spoke shocking to whatever was here but was certainly gone.
   All Arora could feel was disgust and bile rise from her throat. It brought memories from a long ago mission.

"Arora you good?" Reaper asked which I nodded but paused an looked at him," Reaper..." She whispered to him. He looked right at her," whatever happens , promise you won't do what you always do on the battlefield", was all she said.

She didn't want to go around the corner just yet but had to which a noise caused her to stop. It was the same noise Dr. Carmack made but more vicious. All three of us turned at the noise.

Reaper exhaled an lowered his weapon slightly, Goat followed suit but Arora kept her weapon fixed on the man. The growling came from him," John that doesn't sound right!"

"Sir?". Reaper called out, the scientist turned to face them but something was definately wrong. His bone structure was somehow reconstructing in an odd way with sores and blood coming from the wounds. Not to mention some kind of puncture wound to his neck that looked oddly infected.
"Sir, RRTS, we're here to help". Reaper said to him which the scientist didn't even acknowledge that he heard.

The deformed zombie looking scientist had faced us with a rat in his hand and to our disgust he bit the head of and slurped the tail like he loved the damn thing. Arora gagged with disgust!

"Oh-kay", Reaper said not believing that that just happened.

The scientist growled an grabbed hold of a knife ," if I were you, I'd put that fucking knife down". Arora hissed at him.
"Sir..no..put it down.... Put it down!" The man rushed them, Arora squeezed her trigger and shot him in the head as Reaper an Goat peppered him with shots. The man hit the ground no movement or sound came from him.
"What is going on?" Sarge yelled through his comm.
"Found another scientist, he rushed us, crazy like Carmack", Reaper replied.
    "Is he dead? Can you ID him?"

"Very, an a Doctor Olsen, should we bag him and tag him?" Reaper said turning his gaze to Arora who was lost in thought. Which she could feel him starring.

"No forget it, keep on with your search". Sarge ordered us.

Reaper nodded and walked up to Arora," Ro, you okay?" She looked up at him and met his eyes.
"I'm fine Reaper, gosh why do you always need to ask that.. You always ask me if I'm fine, goddamnit Reaper!" She snapped at him. He should be concentrating on the mission and not on her.

"Jesus Christ Arora is it that bad that I'm asking if your okay. I'm just doing what i was told okay. Fuck why can't you see that. So I'm sorry if I keep asking if your alright okay". John hissed back. Arora was shocked to have heard that he was ordered to look after her. That son of a bitch can't possibly think she could not handle herself anymore on a mission. He should check himself!

"So you weren't asking for yourself if I was alright only to what you were ordered by Sarge to do huh?" Arora said with a sad look on her face. She knew he didn't care so why feel like they had something! I don't even understand why I tried to open up to him. I want to know just what the hell I going on in that need of his!

She shoved Reaper with her shoulder and moved forward only to see something move on the side of her. She spun to her right only to pop off a single shot and ran after it down the hall.
"Ro....." She heard her name being called but continued to run after it..
"Report contact?"
"We are chasing something!" Reaper said running after Arora.
"What do you mean?"
     "Something big, not human". He said rounding the corner.

"God damn it, give me a clear confirmation on what your seeing?"

Arora tried to see where it went when she looked to the ground to the entrance way to the sewer.
"John its in the sewer!" She said as he came round the corner.
"Why the hell didn't you wait for us Ro, something could've happened to you!" He yelled at her.
"Not like you give a shit John!" She hissed at him.
Reaper shoved her to the wall with his face inches from her. He looked her right in the eyes and caressed her face," you have no idea the way I feel. I'm not one to express it". He said tracing her jawline.

He looked away and stepped back," all units, all units, south corridor near the med lab". Reaper called to the team.

Arora shook out of her trance and put on her cold exterior. She flashed her light down and smirked," oh yeah, walking in the dumb, just peachy". Reaper looked at her and half smiled.

What they didn't know was that things were just about to get ugly. The only think you should think of is: Who Will Live & Who Will Die???