Chapter Nine: Why Wont It End?

Hey there lovelys the moment you've all been waiting for..

---
It all happened too fast one moment we're talking about the scientists, the next we hear strange noises in Mac's direction, so we ventually made our way their only to find Macs head decapitated from his body.
My blood ran cold as I see his bloody unmoving body
"Where the fuck is this thing?" I questioned. As soon as that was said the creature stormed down and ran fast out of the dig area. We ran and popped couple shots but it disappeared back in the lab complex.
My body started feeling woozy and my breathing got dry and raspy. I hunched over and coughed violently which to my surprise blood spat out.
"Arora...??" But I couldn't make out who said it as my body trembled an shook violently rendering me unconscious, before I felt two strong arms catch me as my world succombed into darkness!!

~Reapers P.O.V~
I had caught her as soon as she fell. I laid her down gently an checked her pulse which was still steady and saw the color drain from her face.
"I'll get her back to the med lab and round back to you". Reaper stated but didn't wait for a response or an order and he ran cradling her to her his chest saying soothing words as she laid unmoving not even making a sound as if she heard him.
He didn't want her to end up hurt on this mission, but couldn't help with the fact that their Marines and that we do this for life!

I always wanted a family once I retired but I'm hoping once this hell hole of a fucked up mission is over, hopefully I'm prayin that maybe Arora would like to settle down with me. He'd just have to see how well this mission and their relationship goes.

He made it to the med lab and settled her gently on the gurney and called to Sam an Duke which they came running in to help me.
"Yo, man what happened?". Duke sounded worried as Samantha; my sister glanced at me then to her.. And I think she knew I cared deeply for this woman. And she would be damn well right because I love Arora and I'll be damned if she leaves me now!

20 minutes later~

I could see Aroras fingers twitch and that made me shoot right out of the chair and next to her in a flat out second.
"Ro...baby..can you hear me?" She groaned an held her ribcage which I noticed and helped her sit up, and to my amazement she sighed in relief as if the pain was not bareable for much longer.

"Reaper.." A soft raspy voice shook me out of my daze. I turned to the soft voice an saw her looking at me with worry.

"Are you okay?" I immediately changed the subject. She nodded and threw her vest back on which I got mad about because she knows she's hurt yet she fricken still goes out there.. This woman will be the fucking death of me and she will know it soon!

(Back to Aroras P.O.V)

I watched as Reapers face change from worry to pissed at me. But he needs to understand we have a mission to do and I intend to help with the mission no matter If it kills me. I could no longer feel the pain in my shoulder or head, but the one in my ribcage is still slightly there.

"I'm fine John, so stop giving me a death glare and let's just get this mission over with". I said to him with a straight face.

He nodded and we walked out but not forgetting to see the stares we got from his sister and Duke!
Damn those guys need to shut it and leave it.

We rejoined the group and noticed that we were being split up and this time i was kept with Reaper as Sarge took the Kid and Destroyer and Portman guarded the entrance way.

This mission was getting hell of a lot harder. What the fuck were these scientists working on that they had to have created a damn mutant monster.
"John....", I called to him but he didn't respond.
"John...." I hissed at him but yet again he ignored me. I grabbed his upper arm roughly and turned him so he faced me
"What the fuck John, what's your problem?"....
He glared and pushed her against the wall," my problem Arora is that you don't fucking care. You dont fucking give two shits about yourself, that you had to continue, this god damn mission and not care for your health, fucking shit your hurt yet you don't give a damn". He screamed at me. I caught him off guard with smashing my lips to his and turning our positions so he was up against the wall, his lips roughly moved in sync with mine like his life depended on it. Our breathing grew heavy as we pulled away for air. Reaper placed his forehead against mine ," why do you have to be so damn stubborn?" He whispered to me.

"Its who I am John, I can't change that...maybe....maybe after this I wish to settle down....but I don't know if I... I don't know if....I know I'm ready but....how do I know if I'm doing it right??"she whispered to him.
Reaper kissed her and held her tight to him," you don't have to know how all you need to do is try that's all. And I'm not rushing you!"
I smiled at his words, thanking god that he understood I wasn't ready to talk about it. 'How did I get lucky?, I practically gave John a hard time an disrespected him.

We pulled apart as we heard that they lost contact with Portman and Destroyer. No, this isn't good, we shouldered our weapon and headed in the direction of Portman. Not liking what we had found.
This is just fucking too much.
Why can't we all just go back in one piece!!!