Guilt

15 minutes later i found myself standing outside her house. As Alya invited me for dinner on her place, first i said no but she emotionally blackmailed me, accusing me for not spending quality time with her last week.

My feet felt numb, i was nervous, i was in a dilemma whether to go inside or not. I sighed deeply, i stepped over the stairs and rang the door bell. The next second the door was pulled open. She stood in front of me, wearing a blue dress.

"I'm so happy, you came "her lips spread wide in a curve, and hugged me. I broke the hug, feeling uncomfortable.

She smiled warmly and gave a way for me to enter in. I walked inside, plastering a fake smile on my lips. She seemed excited and gestured me to sit beside her on the sofa.

"Umm..hi "i cleared my throat.

"Oh god manik, why are you behaving like this as if its your first time "she let out a chuckle on her statement.

"Okay now make yourself comfortable here and let me arrange a yummy dinner for you, wese don't you think your lucky"she said fisting  my collar, pulling me towards her. I freed myself.

"Lucky ...but why "i fetched for words to escape this awkward  situation.

"I cooked for you today, you know i don't like cooking or any other house hold work, but it is least i can do for you "she winked at me and lean foreword for a kiss, i pulled away.

"Umm actually I'm feeling little hungry "i felt like she was a absolutely unknown person for me, like a stranger as if it was our first meeting. She smiled warmly. And got up from her place.

"Okay make yourself comfortable here, and let me arrange a yummy dinner for you"she said while blowing a flying kiss towards me, she was always like this around me chirpy and happy. Innocent like a child, her innocence  made me fall..err no like her.

"Biryani is your favourite right, lets dig in "She said with a warm smile,

"Now come, sit "she gestured me too sit, pulling a chair for me. I sat silently. She sat beside me.

"Manik you haven't said anything yet, what is wrong with you "she asked, i looked away from her.

"I should just go today is not my day "i thought

"Manik say something" Her voice snapped me out of the trance.

"Actually I'm not feeling well"i lied

"Why, what happened to you"she said softly, her voice laced with concern.

"Nothing much, headache "i said

"Hmm it must be work pressure, first lets finish this dinner than, let me give you a good head massage"i was having cold feet about all this, i felt so uncomfortable or guilty as if i have done a crime. I felt like a criminal.

"You know what manik l'm so excited for this contract it was my dream, but i'm gonna miss so badly, or dare you to laid your eyes on some other girl okay i will kill her "  I felt like tearing my hair out of the roots.

"I'm damn possessive when it comes to you, u know that right "she claimed, while feeding me. I always liked her possessive behaviour towards me but right now i was scared. What she'll do after knowing the whole truth,  but today was definitely not the right time to tell her, it will broke her. Right now i can't do this.

"You really don't look good, are you upset with something manik, i know i took this decision so early without telling you. I'm sorry"she lowered her head, feeling ashamed but it should be me.