Chapter 13

"You ready?" Hailee asked.

Camila zipped up her green track suit, gripping her wand tightly. "I guess,"

Hailee put her hands on Camila's shoulder and gave a reassuring squeeze. "We're all rooting for you. Ariana and Justin are getting the ceremonial balloons and alcohol for the victory party,"

"Have you seen Jade?"

"No," Hailee bit her lip. "Her and Dinah said they had to do something before the task,"

Camila nodded. Her and Hailee were in her tent, doing last minute prep for the next competition. Camila was allowed to bring one friend to help her get ready, and she picked Hailee because the girl would be honest with her.

"Be straight with me," Camila said. "How good are my chances?"

"Honestly, pretty good," Hailee replied. "I don't exactly know what you're up against, but we spent all of last night prepping. If you're not ready, no one is,"

Hailee and Camila walked out of the tent. Camila pursed her lips when she saw all the people in the arena. In front of them was a huge Jumbotron.

"Miss Steinfeld," McGonagall nodded. She was suppose to escort Camila to the other champions. "I suggest you get to your seat now,"

"Bye," Hailee said quickly. She put a hand on Camila's shoulder. "Don't die,"

"Thank you?" Camila called after her friend, who disappeared into the crowd.

Camila walked towards the other champions.

"How are you today?" Normani asked, holding onto Camila's arm. Camila had noticed that the French girl had become less touchy feely lately.

"Alright. You?"

"Tres nervous," Normani admitted. She fiddled with her braid.

Camila saw Lauren talking to Professor Lupin, who was instructing her on a breathing exercise to calm down.

"Remember what I told you," Lupin murmured.

"Sirens are deadly seductresses," Lauren nodded. "Good thing I'm not queer,"

"They can still lure you," Lupin warned. "They'll take the form of something everyone wants. They can tap into your deepest desires and channel that. Be careful, Lauren. They will try to seduce you,"

"I'd like to see them try," Lauren smirked. "Any other advice?"

"Speed is big for this task. Be stealthy,"

"Always am," Lauren nodded. "Thanks,"

"Go get 'em, champ,"

___

"Fuck," Camila mumbled as the door locked behind her.

In front of her was a standardized test sheet.

"Welcome," a robotic voice said. Camila looked around, startled. "Please sit,"