Memory

I watched as ladybug was struck by robocop's arm.

Her face was full of pain, and fear.

I yelled her name, fear rushing through my chest like a raging fire.

Ladybug was dropping like a stone. She seemed so helpless.

I was so distracted by my own fear of seeing her fall that when she yelled my name and threw her yo-yo at me, intending for me to catch it, I missed and grabbed at empty air.

The yo-yo went straight by my head and then snapped back towards her and begin falling with her.

Shock and horror filled my face as I saw her getting further and further away.

We were so high, she'd never make it if she hit the ground.

I heard her scream my name, her voice sounding terrified.

I never gave a second thought before I went to jump from the car for her, yelling her name.

I wasn't even able to even get an inch away from the car before Robocop grabbed me by my collar and kept me from going anywhere.

My eyes widened and reached my hand out into the air, towards Ladybug, screaming her name as I watched her disappear from my sight.

She was too far away from me to be saved.

Time felt as if it froze, as if everything in my body turned cold.

"LADYBUG!"

I screamed louder, my eyes filling with tears as my hand was still outstretched towards where I had last saw her.