Memory

I held back cries as I pulled Ladybug into my arms carefully.

She made noises of pain and I apologized softly.

I held her close to me and yet she didn't move her body an inch.

"I-I can't.....feel my...body...cat"

She choked out with tears rolling down her face.

Pain shot through my chest like a bullet.

"It's ok m'lady."

I said sweetly, trying to force a smile again, trying to distract her from the obvious pain and fear she was in.

I began to cry, realizing she was paralyzed from the fall.

"D-do...n't cry...."

She said stuttering again and looked at me.

Her eyes seemed dull now...the life they once held was disappearing quicker.

"M'lady..."

I said quietly before searching her eyes for a few moments.

I nodded, sniffling.

"For you, I'll do anything, m'lady."

She seemed like she tried her best to smile again but the attempt failed.

"Take me....some...where.... p-private....I want... you to....see me....t-the real me..."

I felt my chest tighten and I nodded. She knew she wasn't going to live through this.

I got up and began running, leaning ladybug against me as her miraculous only had a single dot left.

I took her to my house, the only place I knew I could trust, and sneaked us into my room.

I laid her onto my bed and then locked the door before I crawled onto the bed beside her.