Memory

She looked at me with dull eyes.

Tikki was crying, Plagg trying to comfort her.

"I...I-I....love.....y-y...ou....."

She choked out, straining herself, as she smiled again.

My body felt numb.

Those were words I always wanted to hear her say and yet now, when she finally said the words, I didn't feel happy. I just felt worse.

"I love you too m'lady..."

I said gently and then leaned in and kissed Marinette deeply, holding her cheeks.

She was even colder now, and I couldn't hold back my tears.

I pulled away from the kiss and wrapped my arms around her, leaning over her body, burying my face into her neck.

"I love you too Marinette....I love you so much!....so please....please don't leave me!..."

I choked out as I cried.

"T-thank....you....cat...Adrien....for e-every...thing....you w-were.....an a-ama...zing....partner...please...p-protect...everyone....while...I'm..i'm.. gone....o-ok?..."

Her voice was dying, slowly getting quieter.

"Marinette...?..."

I asked softly and pulled away from her.

Her eyes were close, a smile still remaining.

"Do....good...a-and...stay...strong...m-my...little...k-kitty...c-c..-at..."

Her smile faded and her head dipped to the side in a matter of seconds.

She was no longer breathing.

Her body was cold as ice and reminded me of a stone.

She was just laying there limply in my arms.

She was gone.

Marinette was dead.

Ladybug was dead.