♕ EALDOR

C H A P T E R  T W O - Ealdor

_______________________

"How is she?"

Was the first thing Elenore heard as she slowly opened her eyes. Elenore quickly clamped her eyes shut as the bright light of the sun blinded them. She slightly groaned as she moved, irritating the wound on her side. Her hand gently slide to her side and when she opened her eyes for the second time she felt and saw the huge white bandage around her waist.

"Careful there sweetheart, You don't want to reopen the wound." Elenore's eyes snapped towards the right. A women the same age as her mother stood before her, she had brown hair pulled into a tight bun and sky blue eyes. Her eyes held a certain gentleness that washed away all the fear that settled in Elenore's stomach.

"Where am I?" she croaked out, her voice barley audible. Her eyes scanned the hut she was in and noticed how small it was. It was only one room, with a fire-pit in the far corner and a small wooden table to her left.

"Ealdor." a male voice answered. It was the same voice that she woke up too. Elenore looked up and met the blue eyes of her savior. He was dressed in a loose blue shirt with brown pants and black boots. He held a basket full of vegetables and fruit. He placed the basket on the wooden table and then slowly walked towards Elenore.

"Ealdor? In Cenred's kingdom?" She asked her voice gradually getting louder as she finished the sentence.

"Yeah." the boy nodded, quite surprised, "Are you not from a village of King Cenred?"

"No, I'm from F-fraili." her voice broke as all the horrid memories flooded her brain. Where was Eden and Aurora? She could only hope that both got away. Elenore felt her body starting to shake registering everything that happened yesterday. Tears welled up in her green eyes and she looked down, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, sweetheart." the women muttered and Elenore found herself in her gentle embrace. The tears that welled up in Elenore's eyes cascaded down her pale cheeks. Huge sobs racked her body and the women tighten her grip, but not tight enough to hurt her wound.

After a Elenore stopped crying, the women gently pulled away, brushing a piece of hair from her face.

"How does your side feel?" she asked. Her hand subconsciously slide down to the wound.

"It hurts every time I move." Elenore responded.

The women nodded, "I would expect that. You'll have to take it easy for a couple days. The dagger didn't hit any internal organs, but it did go pretty deep."