05// LADY HELEN

C H A P T E R  F I V E - Lady Helen

Elenore had many things on her mind as she walked down the busy streets of the village. The sun was high in the sky and warmed her porcelain skin. She could remember being a little girl, and playing with Eden along the silver streets of Fralil. Elenore wondered if her kingdom was still there? Did Concord destroy it, like he did her family?

A smile appeared on Elenore's face as a familiar black haired sorcerer made his way through the crowed.

"Merlin!" She called.

Merlin stopped, hearing his name. He turned on his heel, and a grin grew on his face as he approached Elenore.

"Elenore." Merlin said, greeting her, "how are you?"

"I'm great, Gwen and her father are so kind and caring" Elenore responded, taking notice of the yellow vial in Merlin's hand.

"What is that?" she asked.

"This..." Merlin smiled holding up the vial, "is for Lady Helen, from Gaius."

Elenore nodded, "Do you mind if I tag along?"

"Not at all." Merlin grinned and offered Elenore his arm.

--

"You know, I've been meaning to ask you have you ever met the royal prat before?" Merlin asked, as Elenore and himself walked up some castle steps.

"You mean Prince Arthur," Elenore chuckled, "and, yes I have. King Uther and Arthur came to Fralil for Eden's and I's sixth birthday."

Merlin nodded and greeted a servant as he hurried past, Elenore and Merlin turned walking into a long hallway. Merlin opened the wooden door to Lady Helen's chambers, and gave Elenore a smile as he held it open for her. Merlin followed Elenore inside the room, and they both observed the room.

"You know, my mother use to tell me how beautiful Lady Helen's voice was." Elenore said, her emerald eyes locking onto the purple lilacs, that were placed on the vanity. They were the same color has her mother's eyes.

"You never heard her perform?" Merlin asked, as he gently pushed past Elenore, placing the vial beside the flowers. Elenore was going to reply, when she noticed Merlin pick something up.

"Merlin what is it?" the black haired beauty asked.

"I-I this..." Merlin's hand slid over an old book, that was hid underneath some cloth. He observed the book, his eyebrows furred.

"Merlin," Elenore whispered, placing her hand on his shoulder, "what are you looking at?"

"I think this-" Merlin was caught off as a door opened and Merlin quickly placed the book down, sliding the cloth back over it. As both Elenore and Merlin turned to the doorway, they were met with the Lady Helen herself.

Lady Helen's shoes made loud 'clacks' as she stopped a couple inches in front of the duo, her eyes scanning behind them.

"What are you doing in here?" Helen asked, her voice sharp.

"I'm..." Merlin didn't know how to respond.

Elenore stepped forward and grabbed Merlin's arm, " We were sent by Gaius, the court physician-" Elenore leaned over Merlin and grabbed the yellow vial, " to give you this."

Elenore's hand slid down from Merlin's arm to his hand, as she gently placed the vial into Lady Helen's hands.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we'll be going." Elenore hummed, and pulled Merlin and herself out of the door into the hallway.

"What was that all about?" Elenore hissed.

"That book she had, it looked magical." Merlin whispered.

"Wait," Elenore said stopped in the middle of the corridor, waiting for the knight to pass before speaking again, "are you trying to tell me that Lady Helen is a witch."

Merlin rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm not so sure, but I got a weird feeling, I just don't don't know how to describe it."

"Elenore?"

Gwen appeared surprised to find her new housemate in the castle. As Gwen approached Merlin and Elenore a huge
smile adorned her heart shaped face.

"I should be going." Merlin whispered as he gently grabbed Elenore's hand giving it a light squeeze.

"Merlin," Elenore stopped the man before he could take a step, "maybe you should mention something to Gaius about Lady Helen."

Merlin nodded and gingerly let go of the Elenore's small hand. Gwen watched Merlin walk away and turned to Elenore with a glowing glint in her eye.

"What were you two doing in the castle?" Gwen asked.

"Gaius asked Merlin to drop a potion off for Lady Helen, and I tagged along."

"I see," Gwen then locked elbows with Elenore, "lets go get some lunch in the kitchen, the cook has been dying to meet you."

_______

I AM SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS BEEN SUCH A LONG TIME SINCE I UPDATED AND IN RETURN I GIVE YOU THIS SUCKY CHAPTER. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN. I ALSO WANT TO THANK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES😇😇😇😇😇 I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH AMAZING READERS!