Chapter 3

*Teagan's P.O.V*

It's been about a week or so since me and Aaron returned from Ireland. A week or so since Aaron and I visited our stepmum, Sandra and half-sister, Liv. A week or so since I found out I'm pregnant... Honestly, I don't know if I can go on like this - keeping it a secret that I have a person growing inside me, as well as dealing with the stress of trying to get Gordon sent down. I've been having a lot more panic attacks than usual, but that's no surprise. I'm on the verge of completely losing it.

I was currently sat in Cafe Main Street, my chin in the palm of my hand, my head whizzing with thoughts about my messed up life.

"What can I get you, Teagan?" Bob asked, walking over with. I barely even realised he was there and continued to stare in to space.

"Teagan?" Bob repeated my name. He placed a hand on my shoulder, which finally snapped me out of it.

"Huh? Oh, uh, I'll have a hot chocolate, please, Bob." I said.

"Are you alright, love?" Bob asked me.

"I'm fine, just thirsty." I said, making it clear I wasn't in the mood to talk. Bob nodded, understanding.

"One hot chocolate coming up." He said and walked away. I heard the door open and close, and looked up to see Jacob enter. I already knew he was coming over to talk to me. I've been trying to avoid him as much as possible, and he's bound to ask why at some point. But how can I be around him and act normal, knowing I'm carrying his child?

"Hey Jake." I greeted, not making any eye contact.

"Hey Teags." He replied awkwardly. I looked down and started playing with my fingers - a nervous habit I've picked up recently.

"Is it because of the kiss?" Jacob blurted suddenly. I looked up, confused.

"What?"

"Is that why you've been avoiding me? Because we kissed and you regret it? And don't say you haven't been avoiding me. I'm not that stupid." He said, his tone getting a little harsher towards the end.

"Of course I don't regret kissing you, Jacob. It was one of the best moments of my life. I mean that." I said.

"Then what's the problem? Have I done something to upset you?" He looked at me like a confused puppy. I felt terrible for everything.

"No, Jake, I promise. I just... I can't tell you." I said.

"Why not? We used to tell each other everything!" He exclaimed.

"I know, and I feel horrible, trust me. But I can't tell you." I got up and bolted out the door. Jacob followed me and unfortunately, he's much more athletic and faster than me, so he caught up to me in a matter of seconds.