Chapter 4

*Teagan's P.O.V*

It's been about a month and a half since Mum and Aaron found out I'm pregnant, and my first scan is later on today. I really don't want to go. If I do, then it means that this is really happening. I'm really pregnant with Jacob's baby, and this isn't just some horrible nightmare.

"Are you excited?" Mum asked me, sitting down at the table with a cup of tea for each of us.

"What for?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Your first scan!" She said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh, yeah, that. Course I am." I plastered on a fake smile, something I've learnt to do perfectly. Mum is really excited for my baby, and she thinks I am too. But the truth is, I'm dreading the day that it's born. I'm terrified. Terrified about Jacob possible finding out one day, and terrified about being a single, teenage parent. I don't want this baby. In fact, I hate the idea of it, and I hate myself for feeling this way.

"Go and get dressed, then. We're due at the hospital in a few hours." Mum said, giving me a nudge. I gave her another fake smile and went upstairs. I walked into my room and opened my wardrobe. I grabbed a galaxy jumper and black skinny jeans and took them into the bathroom. I turned the water on and stripped out of my pyjamas. As I stepped into the shower, my eyes filled with tears and I broke down. I started sobbing, luckily the sound of the water drowned it out. I was having this baby and there was nothing I could do about it.

I was in the shower for about twenty minutes before I finally got out and got dressed. I dried my hair and left it down, but didn't bother with makeup.

 I dried my hair and left it down, but didn't bother with makeup

 I picked up my dirty clothes and towel and exited the bathroom. I made my way to my room, only to bump into Aaron on my way there.

"Oh, sorry, Teags." He said, but then he saw my puffy, red face, "Have you been crying?"

I looked down, only to have Aaron put two fingers under my chin and angle my head up so I had to look at him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, wiping away a tear with his thumb. I sighed.

"I don't know, I'm just scared. If I have this scan, then it means that this is all really happening." I sniffled.

"You don't have to keep the baby if you don't want to." Aaron said, pulling me into his embrace.

"No, I want to keep it." I lied, "I'm just afraid. I don't know if I'm ready to be a parent."

"Well, you don't have to go through this alone, you know that, right? We're all here for you, we're all here to support you and help you with your baby." He told me.

"I know. Thank you." I said. Aaron smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Now, come on, we don't want to be late for your scan." Aaron draped an arm around my shoulders and we walked downstairs.

We all got ready and left, but as we got closer to Mum's car, the faster my head spun. I can't do this. I should've told Aaron the truth. I don't want to keep this baby. I don't want to be a mum.

"Teagan?" Aaron looked at me in concern. I was stood in front of the car, with my hand on the door handle, but I hadn't opened it. I was just frozen, my head and heart racing.

"I can't do this." I choked out, before taking off. I ignored my mother and brother calling after me, as I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I had no idea where I was going, I just needed to get away.

"Teagan, no!" I heard Aaron scream. I stopped and looked around, confused as to what he was on about. I didn't realise I'd stopped in the middle of the road, until I was thrown over the bonnet of a car. I heard Mum and Aaron yelling frantically as they ran over. I also heard a car door open and close as the driver got out.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I swear, I didn't see her run out." I think it was Ross, but I couldn't tell for sure as I was starting to black out.

"Teagan, Teags, please, stay awake. Listen to me, baby, stay with me, please. Mum's called an ambulance, they'll be here soon, just don't fall asleep." Aaron was now kneeling on the floor, cradling my head in his lap, tears falling down his face. I tried to focus on his voice. I tried to stay awake, but the urge was too strong. I slowly let my eyes close and everything was gone.