5: Park Reconstruction

~It's been awhile but here's chapter 5! LET'S SAY 7 VOTES & 3 COMMENTS?! Happy reading 😊

Chapter Five

I walked out of my ensuite and found Stefan standing in the middle of the my bedroom. My eyebrows shot up as I was shocked to see him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Stefan said, coming close and cupping my cheek.

"Uh," I stopped him, pulling away. I shut my bedroom door that Jeremy must have left open. I filled him in on werewolf stuff and he thought he could get involved but I warned him to stay out of it, which I know means he's gonna put himself in the middle no doubt.

"Right. Right," Stefan whispered. I locked the door and walked back to him, cupping his face in my hands to give him a slow and soft kiss. We both pulled away chuckling for no reason, a broad grin on my face.

"Hi."

"Hey," he replied, pulling me in for a hug. I sighed softly a few seconds later. "You ready for today?"

"No," I answered, shaking my head as it rested on his shoulder. We seperated and I pouted. "I hate fighting with you, even if it's fake."

"I know, but if Katherine thinks that we're fighting she'll think she's winning," he reminded me, rubbing my arm softly.

"Yeah, but that doesn't make it any easier. Neither does knowing that Caroline will be there reporting everything back to her."

"Hey, everything's gonna be okay," he said, cupping my chin. "Yes, we have to keep up this ruse for a little while. But it's the best way to keep Katherine from hurting anybody, from hurting you."

"Just promise me that she won't get her way with us. We can fake a fight, we can pretend that her threats are tearing us apart but none of it's real, okay?" I asked.

"Okay, how about this? Today, when we're fighting, if I say, 'I can't do this anymore, Kenzie' what I'll really mean is that I love you," he said and I smiled widely.

"And when I say, 'Fine, Stefan, whatever' ...really means I love you too."

"Deal," he whispered and I chuckled. He leaned down, kissing me again.

"Mm," I moaned noisily.

"Mm," he repeated. I smiled and deepened the kiss, exploring his mouth that I practically had memorized. I could never get tired of his kisses though. Never, ever.

***

I was with Caroline currently. We were at the charity thing to re-do the park across from the Grill. "So suddenly, she's int he running for Mother of the Year just when I'm trying to avoid her the most," Caroline was complaining. "I'm babbling. You don't wanna hear all this."

"Oh, um, no, sorry," I apologized as we made it to where we needed, where Elena was painting a wooden pillar thing. I placed the bucket I carried down and began painting the weird thing that let out water. "Then what happened?"

"Well, I was a bitch, which is par for the course with us," Caroline said, painting the other side of the pillar Elena was doing. "So how are things with you and Stefan? Anything?"

I sighed. "No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know how to change his mind."

I had let Elena know what Katherine said to Stefan about him staying away from me or she'd hurt people I care about. I didn't mention we were 'fighting' though. I guess she knows now. I watched Caroline put her paint brush down and come over, squatting next to me. "You said that Katherine's dangerous, and maybe he's got a point," Caroline said.