chapter 1

She left pieces of her life behind everywhere she went. It's easier to feel the sunlight without them, she said.

There is a certain part in every person that screams for danger. It yearns for it, begging within for something to make your heart race and your palms sweat. She has spent her entire life feeding this part of herself until she is full. She has stolen, lied, and cheated to keep the fire in her eyes. No one is going to come between her and the wildness that is her life.

The darkness is the only thing that protects her as she watches chaos ensue. The fiery village in front of her does not create pain or remorse. Maybe before it would have, but she chose freedom. Losing emotion was the price she had paid for it. Her family had banned her name from their mouths long ago; she is alone.

"All this for a bounty hunter," she mutters to herself as she stays low in the bushes. Troopers continue to search as they have on many occasions, but she knows she is safe. She has never been caught before. She doesn't plan on it any time soon.

As she makes sure the troopers are occupied with looking in the wrong place, she begins to back away from her viewing place and prepares herself to run. Using the distance of the screams as her guide, she runs in the other direction of the village, never looking back.

"Margosa!" she hears a quiet shout from her right, and stops in her tracks, almost tripping. She didn't realize she has made it to the rendezvous point so quickly. She smiles cordially at her ally, Jarbs, as he waves her over from his hiding place.

"On this cycle, you should be able to get to the base in a little over an hour," he whispered instructions quickly to her, "A ship is waiting for you there. The pilot's name is Fitzroy Keenan. He'll take you wherever you need to go. Do you have my money?" She slaps money into his hand and he finally smirks back at her.

"Good luck out there, Margosa." She salutes him as she puts on a helmet and is about to speed off when she hears the familiar whirring that accompanies a Jedi. Her ally, panicking, screams and runs deep into the underbrush, but she hears a shot of a trooper and the screaming stops. Eyes widening, she reaches down to start the cycle up, but the cycle falls over as the back end of it is sliced off. Only one weapon could have done such a job. Quickly, she rolls out from under the cycle and into the bushes, leg thumping with pain from where the cycle had landed on her.

"We finally meet," says a voice. The Jedi meets her gaze as she peers out from the bushes, and she does not waver.

"You can either come out, or I can come in and get you," he hisses with a satisfied smile on his face. He assumes he's won. She wastes a moment thinking about how arrogant all Jedi are, but then she refocuses and takes her pistol out of her hilt.

"Fine, your choice," says the Jedi. In a moment, he's running into the bushes. She swiftly shoots him in the leg, but he moves out of the way and grabs at her. He uses his power to rip the gun from her hands and stuffs it into his own belt, and takes out a pair of handcuffs and fastens them around her wrists. Growling, she leans forward and head butts him in the stomach. He puts his arms around her and flips her over so she's across his shoulders like a bag of grain.

She kicks him indignantly, trying to get off of his shoulders, but his hold on her is strong. He talks into his communication device.

"Master?"

"Anakin, where are you?" the voice from the other side chastises him.

"I'll meet you at the ship," the Jedi holding her replies, "I have Elara Margosa in custody."