chapter 7

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.

Elara wakes with a pounding feeling in her forehead as her eyes flutter open. She is surprised to see Anakin sitting by her bed, his eyes calmly scanning a book. Something about the way the low light from the windows filter in gives him the illusion of a halo as he reads, glowing spectacularly like a beacon in her room. She clears her throat, and he looks up with a small smile.

"Good morning," Anakin greets her, "Or should I say, good evening."

"What time is it?"

"It's dusk. You've been out for a little over a day."

Elara groans, wondering how she had slept for that long. All the memories of the voices in her mind come flooding back, causing her to realize why she was so disoriented. She had passed out the day before with a spinning mind and a heavy heart, and now, both have returned.

"Hey, listen," Anakin says slowly, looking down at his hands. Elara takes this time to admire them as well. Rough, large hands that look like they'd hold anybody beautifully. Elara looks away quickly so he won't see her stare.

"I apologize for my behavior last night...I understand that it's either you train or you're locked away, and I would never force anyone to give up their entire life. I've come to terms with your training, and Obi Wan and I will do our best to make you into the best Jedi you can be."

There is a moment of silence, and then Elara laughs. It begins quiet, but soon she is bubbling with laughter. Anakin looks at her with a raised brow, frowning.

"What?"

"I don't know, Skywalker," Elara's laughter begins to slow, a certain light in her eyes that hadn't been there before, "Your apology just amused me. I'm not a customer; you don't have to throw in how good my training will make me. I'll do what I have to in order to stay out of jail."

Anakin chuckles awkwardly and gets up to leave.

"Anakin?" she calls for him softly. Anakin's head floods with memories of Padmé. Something about the way Elara says his name resembles the way Padmé says it. He misses her in that moment, but not as much as he should, which scares him. She is his wife. Why doesn't it feel as if his soul is split in two when they are apart?

He turns to meet her eyes, "Yes?"

"Thank you for the apology. I appreciate it." She wears the softest smile he has ever seen on her face as she speaks, making her look angelic. Her smile causes her usually hardened expression to soften, and he notes how beautiful she suddenly looks, sitting there in her bed with her hair sprawled across her pillow, making her seem like a sun with rays bursting out.

These two do not realize the beauty that they see within each other, or the intense light that emits from both of them is stronger than either has ever experienced. Somehow, they are connected in ways that they know but will not acknowledge. They are connected and it scares them.

Anakin smiles back at her, clearing his head of whatever was making his heart react, "You're welcome. You start training in the morning. I'll come and get you soon after sunrise."

She nods in reply and he does not turn around again as he leaves. For a small second, she hates the fact that he is always leaving her. For a small second, she wishes he'd stay by her side always. For a small second, she is content with her sentence, because this means she'll have him close. That small second switches something in her mind, and she closes off the thought as quickly as possible before burying herself in her blankets again to sleep.

.....................................

Hey guys!! Really quick short chapter to get the story up and running again. Love you all a lot, I promise I will be giving this story more attention!