III: Company can lead to a crowd

The next morning, Ritsuka woke up to find a piece of bread laying right next to her. She carefully took hold of it and examined it for a bit before taking small bites from it.

"My lady!" Ningyou exclaimed, "Are you sure it's safe to eat?! You've just woken up!"

Ritsuka looked toward her doll for a moment or two before nodding. She then returned her attention toward the bread and continued to eat. After it was finished, she looked toward the opposite wall and stared at it till nightfall.

Ritsuka was busy being lost in memory lane when she heard a knock at the door. She snapped her head toward the door as it creaked open. Three familiar heads poked around the door, each holding their own candle.

"What brings you three here this time?" Ritsuka asked, tilting her head.

The three triplet demons came into the room and placed their candles in a different spot within the room. Ritsuka watched them move around the room, looking as if they were examining it for the first time.

"Are you looking for something?" Ritsuka asked after a bit.

The triplets looked toward her and shook their heads. Ritsuka still looked at them with a questioning look on her face. One by one, they each sat around her; Thompson and Canterbury sitting beside her while Timber sat in front of her.

"Is there something that you want from me?" Ritsuka asked, looking at them.

They all nodded their heads in agreement as they looked at her. Slowly, all of them laid their heads on her; Thompson and Canterbury laid theirs on her shoulders while Timber laid his on her lap. Ritsuka looked at each of them, trying to figure out what they wanted from her.

"Do you....want me....to talk about myself?" she asked.

They nodded their heads again. She looked at them once more.

"As in my favorite things? Past? Or everything?" she asked, holding her fingers up to number off the options for them.

They all thought for a moment before holding up three fingers.

"Which one should I start with first?" Ritsuka asked.

Two fingers were held up this time. Ritsuka looked at them for a long moment before sighing. The boys continued to look at her, though a quick flash of concern crossed their faces. Ritsuka didn't notice that.

"If you wish it so, I will tell you my tale. But I do not want any pity from you. I have developed a deep hatred for being pitied." Ritsuka said sternly. She took a deep breath and prepared herself to tell them her tale.