VII:....But sunny days never last for long....

Ritsuka had spent most of the day reading her latest present from the triplet brothers. Even as the sun descended behind the horizon, leaving her room in total darkness, Ritsuka continued to read her book. Ningyou quickly got annoyed by this.

"My Lady!" he exclaimed, "You're going to ruin your eyes if you read in the dark like this! Stop reading at once!"

"I am sorry, Ningyou." Ritsuka said as she looked toward her doll, "But this book is so interesting. I could not put it down."

"I can clearly see that, my lady." Ningyou said, sounding annoyed. "But if you read in the dark, especially in our situation, you are going to end up blind! Then how in the world would you be able to read the notes for new pieces to play on the violin?"

"That is if I will ever get to play it again, Ningyou." Ritsuka said, saddening at the thought of never getting to play the violin again.

"....I know that, mistress." Ningyou said after a few moments of silence. "But there is always a chance that you will be able to again. Maybe even at your own leisure this time. So have hope, my lady."

"....Not with my luck, Ningyou." Ritsuka said as she closed the book. "Not with my luck."

Ritsuka looked down at the ground as the triplets entered the room, lighting it with their candles. Ritsuka quickly perked up to this and looked up, a small smile on her face. But it quickly disappeared once she saw the woman that was accompanying them.

"Who are you?" Ritsuka asked, putting the book beside her and picked Ningyou up.

The woman smiled softly at her, which made Ritsuka more cautious, before speaking. "My name is Hannah. It's nice to make your acquaintance."

"Nice to make your acquaintance as well." Ritsuka said, holding Ningyou closer. "My name is Ritsuka Blood. May I ask as to what you are doing here?"

"Lord Alois has decided to make you apart of the staff here." Hannah said as she walked over to Ritsuka. "I am in charge of making sure you look your best for tomorrow."

"I...see..." Ritsuka said, hiding her eyes behind her bangs.

"If you'll please follow me then," Hannah said. "And if you would be so kind as to leave your doll here. I'll make sure the boys here keep an eye on it."

"His name is Ningyou," Ritsuka muttered under her breath.

She gave Ningyou a squeeze before setting him on top of her book and stood to her feet. Hannah then turned and walked out into the hall, Ritsuka following behind. The triplets watched her leave for a moment before going about their work.

Ritsuka remained quiet throughout the entire time she was with Hannah, even when the maid asked her a question or two. She was currently sitting in front of a mirror as Hannah was drying her hair from the bath she had been given earlier. She was also wearing a nightgown that Hannah gave to her earlier, to wear after the bath.

"You certainly are a quiet one, aren't you?" Hannah said, trying to start a conversation with Ritsuka.

Ritsuka said nothing as she nodded her head. Hannah continued to dry her hair before taking the towel off of her head.

"I think the boys are done with their work." Hannah said as she went to put the towel away. "They've been doing some redecorating to your room while we were away. Would you like to go and see their finished work?"

Ritsuka once again nodded to the question as she stood to her feet. Hannah nodded as well before leading her out of the room and down the hall. Ritsuka quickly and quietly followed behind her.

Once they had reached Ritsuka's "room", Hannah took hold of the handle and opened it for her.

"After you," Hannah said with a soft smile.

Ritsuka looked up at her for a moment before stepping inside. The room was a little different from before. There were now a few different pieces of furniture within the room besides the bed. There were even some candle holders scattered about the room, giving it some light.

"What do you think, Ritsuka?" Hannah asked as she entered the room as well.

Ritsuka said nothing while looking around the newly redecorated room. A few seconds of silence passed before Ritsuka went over to her bed and picked up Ningyou, who was placed upon her pillow. She held him within her hands for a moment before turning to Hannah and showed him to her.

"I like it very much." Ningyou said in place of Ritsuka. "Thank you for showing me this kindness."

"You're very welcome," Hannah said before going back out into the hall. "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Good night, and make sure to get some rest. You will be needing it."

And with that, Hannah closed the door, leaving Ritsuka and Ningyou completely alone. Ritsuka watched the door for a moment or two before setting Ningyou down on the bed. She turned to look at her new end table and opened its drawer before slamming it back in.

"My lady?!" Ningyou asked, sounding completely shocked by Ritsuka's sudden change in behavior.

"....I hate this cruel fate of mine," Ritsuka said, refusing to look at her puppet as a few tears fell down her face.