No Matter What

"Tsu-kun. It's time to wake up."

"Nngh.... five more minutes......"

"Ara! Whose child are you?"

"Eh? A baby?"

"Tsu-kun! Your Papa is here!"

"Tuna-fishie!!!"

"O-otou-san....."

"Ara? Where did you all go?"

"M-mom....."

"I'm proud of you, Tsuna."

"Thanks, dad."

"Tsu-kun. Will you visit me again?"

"Of course, mom. I'll come here if you want me to, no matter what."

"Take care of yourself, Tsuna."

"I will, dad. See you later."
____________________________________

A man with blonde hair and a woman with brown hair walked onto the stage, heads low and sombre.

Once they reached the podium, they stood there, silence greeting the halls.

Not tilting her head up, the woman spoke.

"He was a blessing to me. He made my life happier and more meaningful. I knew he would be destined to do great things. He may not be the strongest or the smartest, but he was my star. I am proud to know that he inspired many and saved many. As his mother I......"

Stopping midsentence, she covered her mouth with her trembling hands. The man gripping the woman's shoulders, as if supporting her. After a moment, she slowly put down her hands to the side of the podium, gripping it, as if to stop herself from falling down.

With a trembling voice she continued.

"T-Tsuna was a good son. T-the best that I could ever asked for. H-he was always alone, but I'm glad he died surrounded with his treasured friends, people he considered f-family. T-thank you...... thank you so much..... thank you for not letting him die alone..... thank you......"

Everyone watched in pain as the man wrapped his arms around the collapsed woman on the stage, their tears showing the agony of their hearts losing half of itself. The agony of a parent losing their son, their own. A wound that will never heal and will scar their soul, forever.