Chapter 5: Small but mighty

You woke up super early but at least you didn't have a nightmare. It was about midnight so you decided to change into your uniform and go for a walk. You took your 3DMG gear and zoomed through the forest, enjoying the air running through your (H/C) hair and you had the biggest grin on your face. You decided to stop at the top of a tree and watch the twinkling stars above you. "So this is where you're hiding" A voice in the forest called. It took you by surprise, making you fall out the tree. Bracing for impact but none came as you found yourself in the boys arms bridal style. Again, your ears turned bright red and the boy started to blush so he put you down. "Are you ok?" He said innocently. "Yeah, are you?" All he did was look very confused which you thought was quite cute. "You haven't said a word to me all the way through dinner." His look changed from confused to guilty. "I'm talking to you now, I'm Eren by the way." he chuckled. You stood there awkwardly for a few minutes until the faintest orange glow could be seen on the horizon. "It's coming light so I should really be in my room." You said before running off before he could reply. You closed the door gently and sat on the floor and laughed to yourself.

It was a couple hours later and breakfast was being served. You walked into the mess hall and walked over to Alex and the 104th. You gave Eren a smile and Alex smirked and nudged you. You have her a disappointing look and started eating. It was absolutely silent for at least half an hour before you decided to talk. Big mistake! "Why is it so quiet?" You chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. "We all want to know what happened last night." You sat there with the most shocked face anyone could give. " Well, let's just say, my past haunts me and I don't want to talk about it yet." You knew they wanted a better answer but you couldn't tell them. You just couldn't. You put your tray away and felt everyone's eyes stare into your back as you walked away confidently, even though you were the exact opposite.

It was time to do hand to hand combat but because you saw Alex sparring with someone else, you were alone. "(Y/N), fight me." Jean said bluntly. "Are you sure? I would hate to break one of your bones." You said with the most sarcastic voice ever. He gave you a smirk and came at you with the dagger. You raised your arm as if to punch him but kicked him in the chest instead, leaving him wheezing for breath. He collapsed on the floor and you took the dagger easily (A:N I'm so lazy, I couldn't be bothered plus I know nothing about fighting). "Don't underestimate me" and with that you went and collapsed under a tree.

You woke up a couple of hours later under a tree. It took you a couple of minutes but you remembered what had happened. You kicked Jean's ass and fallen out of a tree. Judging from the colour of the sky, it was about Dinner time. You were about to get up when you heard shuffling beside you. It was Eren... again. Apparently he was sleeping and to be honest, he looked kinda cute. Wait what?? That was insane and you couldn't believe you thought that. You nudged him. "Eren, hey Eren." He rolled over, "5 more minutes." He then realised who he was talking to and shot up, "sorry." You laughed and you looked amazing. You had messy (H/C) hair all over the place and your laugh was angelic. He stared at you and you began to get a little creeped out so you snapped him out of it. He smiled at you and winked. Your ears went red and you sheepishly smiled back. "It's dinner time." You said. "Can we just stay for a bit, I haven't been able to talk to you because you've been asleep." You sat back down next to him with your back against the tree. You talked about training and he told you stories, hilarious and saddening. Time passed by and the sky turned many different colours. "Time to go, see you tomorrow." You walked away as he sat there disappointed. He was hoping to find out what was wrong with you but you were very resistant. You knew this was what he was trying to do and it was great fun watching him try to break you and failing. You went back to your dorm and fell asleep as Eren fell back asleep under the tree.