Chapter 11: Sam's past

Everyone sat down and waited for Sam and Dylan. They came through the door 5 minutes, Dylan pushing Sam who didn't want to be there. They both sat down and Erwin started talking. "This meeting is about the incident earlier concerning Sam Swale, Alex Leguarde and (Y/N) (L/N), we currently do not know much of their past apart from the fact they dated. " Sam looked surprised and looked at you as if you told Erwin. "Don't look at me, it was Dylan." Sam sent a disapproving look to Dylan and he just stared ahead. He was still angry at Sam for attacking Alex and you. "Backtracking, we would like to hear the story."

You were walking around with Alex after tea, just chatting about stuff when you turned the corner and bumped into Sam. "(Y/N), what are you doing here?" He asked. "Just taking a stroll with Alex" you smiled. He sent a look towards Alex and Alex sent him a look as if she was telling him that he didn't own you and you can spend time with whoever you want. You sent them a disapproving look. "Can't you two get along for a while at least?" They glared at each other but didn't argue so you took that as a win. "So what are you doing here, Sam?" You asked. "Waiting for my little brother to come." You had never met him but you were curious. He was still glaring at Alex and it annoyed you. "OK, what is your problem with each other, you are acting like 5 year olds." He looked slightly surprised. "I just don't like the way Alex is around you all the time." Now it was your turn to be surprised. "She lives with me! What do you expect?" Alex smirked and you turned to her "What is your problem with him?" Her smirk disappeared. "He acts like he owns you and he obviously doesn't like me." They went back to glaring. "Fine, either get along or I won't speak to either of you till you do." Sam said, "now who's being childish." You death glared him and started to leave. Sam grabbed your arm. "C'mon (Y/N), it's not my fault." You struggled. "Sam let go." "No." You started to panic and Alex grabbed his arm. He shoved Alex off, pushing you into a wall. Your head cracked open and your ribs broke (you were quite weak because you were 13). People took you to the hospital. You had also broken your arm and Alex had a fractured elbow but you took most of the force. It later turned out if you had lost any more blood, you would have died. Sam almost killed you. Your parents had a hissy fit. You could hear arguing and you looked outside to see Sam and a younger boy, presumably his brother. They were shouting at each other when Sam suddenly pushed him over. The little boy was crying and Sam had stormed off. "Did I cause this?" You thought. You expelled the thought and sat back on the bed. It went silent so you decided to leave the room. You were allowed back to your home after 2 weeks and Sam never went near you ever, till now.

"So you almost died." You nodded. "Such a weakling." Levi tched. "Excuse me Mr OCD this was a year after that happened so I was pretty fragile." They all looked shocked at the way you spoke to Levi, some though you were brave, others stupid. He smirked and sipped his tea. He was trying to make you lash out because it was just something you both did. You annoyed each other and you often won because it was a battle of words and he has a bad temper. You smirked back at him but soon returned back to your stoic expression. Erwin shook his head and Hanji just looked excited. "Alright miss fragile." You glared. "I've trained since then baka." He glared back. Erwin interrupted "Sam, do you have anything to say." Sam looked guilty as hell. "I'm sorry for what I did, but the past is the past and as much as I want to, I can't change it." He muttered. He looked at you, asking for forgiveness but you were stubborn and sent him a death glare. He shrunk and looked away. Again people looked very murderous but this time it was directed at him. "Can I leave yet Commander?" Sam asked, feeling very uncomfortable and not safe at all. "Yes, I think so. You're dismissed."

He dashed out the door as quickly as possible sweat dropping. People looked back at you, "Does Sam or Dylan know?" Hanji asked, forgetting Dylan was in the room. "Know what?" He asked, hearing his name being mentioned. You froze. "Nothing, shouldn't someone go check on Sam to make sure no one gets hurt." You glared at him and he soon got the message. He ran out, slightly intimidated after the Family conversation incident. Let's just say you care deeply about your family. "So (Y/N), any comments?" Erwin asked. "None sir but I think I'm being a little harsh." He nodded. "If that is how you feel, you should apologize. Maybe we all should." Everyone looked at each other and nodded. "All right you are all dismissed apart from (Y/N)."

They all left apart from you. You saluted and he dismissed it while chuckling. "I just want to make sure your OK." You chuckled and shook your head. "You want to know if they know." You said, being a bit of a smartass. "They do, but not everything including who found me and everything he did but then again neither do you." You walked out, feeling pretty proud of yourself while he twirled a pen in his fingers and thought about you, then and now. There was a time that you couldn't speak about it without bursting into tears. He was impressed at the vast improvement you had made by telling the whole 104th but of course you were broken and you always will be. No one can change that.