Chapter 21: Terror Level Increase

Erwin was rushing down the hallway, trying not to freak out. The MP had escaped the building as quickly as he could, fully aware of the chaos that was about to ensue. He couldn't believe that they let him get to you. Again and again. He was going to have to speak to someone about that as their security really needs tightening. As he was walking around the corner, he bumped into your second mother, Hanji.

Hanji was slightly less chipper than usual. Everyone was. But seeing such a hyper woman in this state unnerved him more than he would admit. Hanji, the ultimate hyper person, looked as dead as Levi did after a cleaning day. He grimaced as he plucked up the courage to tell her the news.

Angry was not a strong enough word to describe what Hanji felt. She could feel the fury rushing through her. As her breathing laboured and her hands trembled, the foul words that left her mouth were enough to make a grown man tremble. Erwin would be lying through his teeth if he said he wasn't scared.

After the anger had dissipated (after a long while), they were left with a fearful Erwin, a shaking Hanji and an empty hallway. Levi decided to exit his room, stupidly, to find the reason why Hanji was swearing like a sailor. The moment his foot touched the hallway, both heads snapped to him harshly.

To him, Hanji looked like a raging bull. With her flaring nostrils and raging eyes, she looked like she could kill with a single stare.  In fact, it looked a lot like his when he didn't get his way. That enough was enough to send a shiver down the spine of the usually composed man. The fear that Erwin felt before was nothing compared to the terror that took hold when Levi came into view.

The news didn't go down well with him either. His rough hands formed tight fists while his breathing slowed so much that it looked like he had stopped breathing altogether. However, the look on his face assured he was alive. Alive and furious.

Erwin quickly made his way through the deserted hallway to the known location of your newly-made friends. Levi stomped behind him, his emotions clearly written on his face which was unusual for the stony-faced man. As he entered the room with the 104th cadets in, he noted the silence that entered the room with him. In all his years of working as a superior in the Survey Corps, he had never seen a room go so quiet so fast.

In another place, you were on the verge of panic. Feeling beaten, all you could do was sit and wait and it was slowly killing you.

Deep breaths

Deep breaths

That phrase rushed around in your head as your stomach churned with every second.

Suddenly, a loud screech reverbarated around the room, causing a piercing pain through your skull. Desperately, you clutch to the leather straps as the sound continued. It went on and on and on, relentlessly.

Within the sharp sound, a hint of a voice floated in. Not a voice, a laugh. Somehow, that hurt more than the shriek. Mentally knowing that he was there at all times, even though you couldn't see him, that was what hurt the most.

There was no escape.

No freedom

No survival

Then, darkness. Absolute darkness.

A/N: Here, take this nibbler. Things are getting pretty intense.