Chapter 10: Boy trouble

It was a 6 hour ride with you sat between Dylan and Hanji so the awkwardness was ... awkward. People ahead of you were happily chatting and you were just silent. "So Samuel is waiting for you at HQ." "I'm sorry but I'm not interested in him since... " You both went silent as this peaked Hanji's interest. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" "It doesn't matter" you and Dylan snapped at her. She shut up. Some people looked at you, slightly afraid but knew better than to make you angry after you flipped Dylan over a table and broke his ribs. Long story short, you were badass, strong and extremely pissed off. You gave them a glare and they all turned back around.

Levi was watching from the back and was slightly impressed at the glare, even though he would never admit it. Curiosity also made an appearance in his eyes. Why are you so damn secretive. "What's the matter brat, your boyfriend cheat on you?" But the answer was what shocked him most. "Actually, he almost killed me." You sighed. That was it, people were so nosy, the whole trip stopped including Erwin, who had been listening from the start as his curiosity got the better of him. Everyone stood still so you, Dylan and Alex nodded and rode ahead without them. Everyone started again and Erwin took the lead with Levi at the back.

You got there eventually and saw a blob in the distance on a horse. As the blob got closer you could see (H/C) hair and realised who it was. You ran toward it and it sped up towards you and jumped off it's horse. You hugged and got some more confused looks from some very confused people, apart from Hanji, Erwin and Alex. "(Y/N) are you OK, did they hurt you." He said, cupping a hand to your face and you laughed. "I'm fine, Robbie." He gave you a disbelieving look and you smiled at him. "Oi brat, this the kid you were pissed at?" You gave him a sour look. "No, this is my twin brother Robinson (L/N)." You said with a proud smile on your face. Robbie noticed the superiors and saluted. Erwin dismissed him quickly and told the cadets to go inside the HQ. You hugged Robbie and went inside.

"So Robbie's back." Alex murmured. "Yep, and still single" You teased and nudged her. "It's not like that" she hissed back. Just then, a mug dropped as you saw Samuel (Sam for short) who was very surprised to see you. "Hey Sam" Dylan interjected before either one of you made a move. "Hey Dyl, is that (Y/N)?." He whispered but not quiet enough. "Yes but I wouldn't-" He was interupted by Sam approaching. "Hey (Y/N)" he said awkwardly. You looked up at him and nodded. He reached for your hand and you backed away very quickly. Alex stood in front of you and Dylan tried to drag him away but he doesn't budge. "C'mon (Y/N), you can't seriously still be mad at me." Is that a joke. Of course you were. "Are you kidding me! Of course I am, what you did was unforgivable by me, Alex, even my parents and they are the most forgiving people I know." Sam started getting angry. "Look (Y/N),I'm sorry but surely I deserve a second chance." Angrier and angrier. "You have had more than 2 chances but that took the biscuit." That was it. He tried to move for you and Alex tried to stop him but he shoved her across the room. Every one jumped on him and tried to stop him. You ran over to Alex who was in the corner of the room, bleeding from her head. "Oh my God Alex, are you OK" She nodded but regretted it as pain came flooding in. Dylan stood there looking at his brother like he was an alien. Sam realised what he had done. "Oh my God Alex-" He was cut off by you. "Save it, I don't want to hear. You never learn do you, this is exactly why I left because you never know when to stop. Just leave me and Alex alone unless you want a black eye and broken nose!" You shouted. Everyone was surprised but you ignored them and helped Alex to the infirmiry after she passed out.

Alex came around a couple of hours later and found you asleep next to her. You cared for her like a sister and she knew. You weren't related to her but she cared for you since you saved her.

Flashback

You were walking across the market with your mother when you felt a girl grab you and use you as some sort of human shield. You looked at the girl and saw her long hair covering her face but she was sniffling so you knew she had been crying. Soon after, the military police came running. She hid further behind you and you shoved her into a corner and held a finger to your lips. You stood in front of the corner so they couldn't see her. "Hey kid, have you seen a long haired thief in tatty clothing run through here." "No, sorry sir" You replied, giving him the sweetest smile you could muster which was pretty hard considering you hated the MP's. He muttered something then left as quickly as he came and you was amazed that worked. She came out from behind you. "Why did you help me, I'm a thief." She couldn't understand. "It's obvious you were just trying to live and you deserve better." Your mother, who watched the whole thing in silence, decided to speak up, "What is your name," The girl looked to the woman, "my name is Alex." "Well Alex, how would you like to come with me and we'll get you some new clothes and food" and for the first time in forever, Alex smiled. One thing led to another and she was now living with them. Alex never spoke of what happened to her old parents but no one ever pressured her. She lived happily and was always thankful to the girl who protected her when no one else would. You.

You stirred beside Alex, snapping her out of her daydream. Your expression had turned from peaceful to pained and you muttered in your sleep. Alex nudged you and you woke immediately. Your senses had heightened after being in silence for 2 years apart from his horrifying laugh. You wiped your forehead and immediately smiled. "Are you OK, I swear I will kill him for what he did to you." She laughed at you and you laughed back. Soon the 104th came in and said hi. "(Y/N), are you OK" Krista said, noticing your pale face and sweat. "Yes, I'm fine besides I'm more worried about Sam." A chorus of agreeing murmurs went across the room. "What did he do anyway." You teared up at the memory. "That is better discussed in front of everyone, especially including him."