Filler Chapter: Back in Gravity Falls

The man was leaning against the lamp post, talking to himself.
He was around 5'11" and had a fairly long chocolate brown hair that was tied in a loosened ponytail. He was holding a cigarette in one of his hands and if you looked up you could see his arms were covered in tattoos of symbols that seemed from an ancient times. He was dressed in a black shirt, pair of black jeans, leather boots and a leather jacket.
He threw his cigarette on the ground and crushed it with his foot, the last spark of fire dying.
He stood up and started walking while still muttering under his breath. He reached a block of flats and pulled out a key which he used to unlock the door. He went inside and glanced over at the elevator but decided to take the stairs instead. He went up the stairs and after 4 floors he finally reached his apartment. He unlocked the door and went inside locking the door behind him. He took off his jacket and threw it on the couch as he walked over to his desk. He turned on the lamp and pulled out a an old brown book with metal edges. He opened it and skimmed through the pages until he reached a page with a weird symbol on it. The symbol was two circles one inside of the other and with the eye of Providence in the smaller circle, surrounded by 10 random symbols, or at least that is how it seems, such as a pine tree, a shooting star and a pair of glasses which were in the space left from the bigger circle. He stared at the symbol and then down at one of his arms. The arm he looked at had a replica of the symbol from the book, known as the Bill Cipher Wheel. He caressed the tattoo with his finger and then he looked up. He closed the book and went over to his bedroom. He looked under the bed until he found a suitcase which he easily pulled out. He went to his closet and took all his clothes throwing them in the suitcase in a big black mess. He went back to his desk and looked through all drawers until he pulled out all his books and papers. Most of them had sketches of the eye of Providence as well as the papers that are glued on the wall which he ignored. He took the pile of books and papers and threw them in the suitcase on top of the clothes and closed it.
He took the suitcase, the key to his car and to the apartment and his jacket and unlocked the door. He went out and threw the key to the apartment in front of the door before running down the stairs.
He ran out of the building, to his car, and unlocked it. He put his jacket and suitcase in the shotgun and he sat in the driver's seat as he started the car.
He drove for days, passing towns and going through states. He would sometimes stop at gas stations for food and gas, but never anywhere else and never for longer than needed. He had a place in mind and he would get there even if it was the last thing he did.
It took him a month but he finally saw it: the sign that read "Welcome to Gravity Falls!" He smiled at the memories of all the summers he and his sister spend there. But then he remembered about the fight. It happened when they were 17. It was a week before their 18th birthday and they were about to go to college. Mabel at clothing designing and Dipper at a technical college on the photography and media production section.
It was around 4am and Dipper was still awake. He was reading through his journals, for the 1000th time, always hoping there could be something new there that could take his mind off his terrible nightmares. The light of the lamp woke up Mabel who looked at her brother with worry in her eyes."Bro-bro?" She asked and Dipper turned her head to face her. "Hey Mabel. Why are you awake at such a late hour in the night?" Dipper asked and Mabel asked: "Why are you up so late?" Dipper looked at her blinking confused.
"I had a nightmare and I wanted to take my mind off it." Dipper said and Mabel sighed. "Wanna talk about it?" She asked and he shook his head. "No, I'm fine Mabel. Just go to sleep." He said and Mabel looked at him with sadness in her eyes.  "Dipper, you should talk about it. I can help. And if I can't I'm sure grunkle Ford can help if you told him." She said and Dipper sighed. "Mabel, I-I can't talk about it, alright? And anyway it's fine. All that craziness passed, that Dorito is erased out of existence and life moved on. We've been to Gravity Falls for a few times after it and everything was just fine." He said and Mabel stood up. "Dipper, it isn't alright! It doesn't matter it passed and life moved foward if you couldn't move foward! Let us help you! We really want to help!" Mabel said and Dipper gritted his teeth.
"It's fine Mabel!" He said and his book got shut loudly. "No. It's. Not!" Mabel said sharply and Dipper stood up. "Seriously , I'm fine." Dipper growled and Mabel closed her eyes trying to calm down her nerves. But she failed. "DIPPER YOU ARE NOT ALRIGHT! JUST ADMIT IT! JUST LET US HELP YOU!"She yelled as she bursted into tears. Dipper wrapped his arms around Mabel and she pushed him away. "When you are gonna let me help you then you can talk with me!" She said angrily and turned around. She left the room, shutting the door loudly.
Dipper shook his head trying to shake off the bad memory. He and his sister haven't spoken in years. He pushed her away. He pushed everyone away. He sighed. He was all alone and it was all his fault. Mabel and his grunkles wanted to help him, but he refused.
He finally reached the familiar house with the words "MYSTERY HACK" written on the roof, with a giant "S" being below. It fell ten years ago and Dipper smiled at the memory of the incident that broke down the enormous letter. He shoved his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small golden key. He took his suitcase and locked the car. He went and stepped in front of the door of the old shack. He heard an other car pull over and a familiar voice say : "Somebody is here, Stanley." The car stopped and Dipper turned around to face the two old men who came out from the car.
"Dipper?" Stan asked and Dipper smiled widely and dropped his suitcase. He ran at the men and hugged both of them tightly. "Grunkle Stan! Grunkle Ford!" He said and the old men hugged him back. "What are you doing here?" Stan asked and Ford added: "Not that we aren't glad that you are here but we thought you would be busy with college."
Dipper chuckled and answered: "I graduated. And I got 6 PhDs. I think I can get a break from all that."He said and smiled widely when he saw his grunkles smile relieved. "Well then how about we go inside?" Stan asked and all three of them went inside, carrying they bags and, in Dipper's case, suitcase.
*
"But now kid, you didn't come all the way here only to see us. Why you're here, kid?" Stan asked after they all brought their bags inside and they all cooked a hot meal and ate together that being the first cooked meal they all three had in a while. "I want to stay here." Dipper said with excitement in his voice. The old men looked at eachother. They were both worried about how could staying here affect their grand nephew's already ruined health but he hasn't been this exciting since he was 12 and that was warming their hearts.
"Dipper, are you sure?" Ford asked and Dipper nodded eagerly. "Very sure. I am the happiest when I'm here."Dipper said and smiled widely and with that Ford was defeated. He couldn't say no to Dipper after seeing him this happy. He looked hopelessly at his brother, hoping he could convince the kid to change his decision. Stan got the message and nodded at his brother with determination in his eyes. "Dipper, kid, listen! Me and Poindexter would love to have you around but..." He began and was cut off by Dipper's enthusiastic tone: "Then it's settled. I'll stay here." Stan sighed and looked down.
"Dipper, me and Stanley are just worried for you mental health. You haven't been..." Stanford sat and thought for the right word to use. "...emotionally stable." Stanley ended the sentence for his brother. "And the events that caused that happened here and we wanted to make sure it doesn't affect you. All we want is your good will, kid, believe us. That's why we do this." Dipper looked at his grunkles in shock but as the shock was slowly drifting away he started smiling. "Thank you for caring but I'll be fine!" He said with a reassuring smile and the two men smiled back.
"Alright kid!" Stan said and then he smirked as he continued: "But if you are gonna stay here you could at least make yourself useful and take care of the shack while me and Poindexter are gone." "Grunkle Stan!" Dipper cried out and Stan patted his shoulder as he left upstairs. Ford put his hand over Dipper's catching his attention. "Dipper, if you ever want to talk about how you feel, I'm here. I had a rough time because of Bill too and I completely understand the way you most likely feel. Now I'll go to sleep aswell and I advise you to do the same cause tomorrow we have lots of things to do. Just like the old times right?" He said ending with a small smile. Dipper smiled widely and nodded.
"Of course, grunkle Ford. I actually missed monster hunting with you!" He said and they both left the kitchen and went over to their bedrooms. Dipper fells asleep faslty and woke up just as faslty, bothered by nightmares. He tried a few more times to sleep but gave up around 4am when he went down in Ford's laboratory and started looking through his books, looking for something to read.