Chapter XVIII: I Present To All Of You, The Second Weirdmageddon!

"Okay, that should be it." Dipper said as he looked through his notes. "So are we safe now?" Mabel asked and Dipper nodded absentmindedly while still looking thorough his notes. "Partially. But I don't we need more than that." He said with a reassuring smile. "Are you sure?" Mabel asked and Dipper waved a hand dismissively as he said: "Yes, because as soon as all hell breaks loose I'll leave. Bill wants me. So I'll make sure he gets what he wants. As far from here as I can." "Uhm...alright then. Are you sure you'll be fine?" "Yep." "Well, you were right about those unicorns. How did you know?" Mabel asked, trying to change the subject, still worried for her brother's safety.
"I've seen them run away from him. Two things in this world are so terrified of Bill they run away from him: unicorn and children under 10." Dipper said as he put his notes in his backpack. Both of them started heading towards the shack, Mabel leading the way. Neither of them said anything the whole way, mostly because neither was in mood for an other fight. Both of them wondered how they ended up from doing almost everything togheter and telling eachother everything to not talking to eachother so they don't have an other fight.
Nothing exciting happened the whole way up to the shack until when Dipper was 1 feet away from the shack, when something stopped him in his tracks. He looked around confused until he realized: the shield was keeping him out. He took a deep breath and turned around just when Mabel was about to enter the shack. "Hey, Mabel, I've changed my mind. I'll go for a walk, alright?" He lied but before either of them could say anything else the ground started shaking violently, making both of them fall.
The earthquake only lasted for a few seconds and then it stopped just as sudden as it began. Dipper looked up at the sky, which turned a pick black, and he knew immediately what happened. He stood up just as it started raining with a thunder. He heard his sister call for him and he shot an apologetic look at her before running off into the forest. Mabel ran after him until she lost his track and that's when she stopped and started looking around her. A noise from behind her made her turn around only to see Dipper, soaking wet, against a tree, glaring at her.
"What do you think you're doing?" She asked and Dipper sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "We both know what caused this." He said while looking around him. "Is it Bill?" Mabel asked and Dipper only nodded. "Don't you dare tell me you're going all by yourself! " Mabel yelled just as a thunderbolt hit a nearby pinetree. The tree bursted in flames and the twins moved from its way when it fell. The looked terrified at the burning tree until it turned into ashes. Dipper looked at the sky and then at his sister.
"I have to do this alone." He said eventually and Mabel looked at him with what seemed tears in her eyes. "Why?" "Because I'm the only one he'll listen to and until I get him to listen I don't want anyone getting hurt." He said as a thunder could be heard in the distance. A thunderbolt followed shortly after just as Mabel said: "I'm coming with you. And you can't stop me." She said sternly and Dipper sighed and agreed, defeated. "Alright. You can come with me." He said and he barely got to finish the sentence and Mabel embraced him in a bear hug. When she pulled away she darted away, leaving Dipper alone. He looked at the sky one more time and then at the ashes of the pinetree that burned in front of him and then he ran off to look for his sister.
He eventually found Mabel, who was staring terrified at the sight in front of her. Dipper put his hand on her shoulder and asked her what happened. Mabel pointed in front of her, speechless and without taking her eyes from the horrible view. Dipper looked in the direction Mabel pointed at and saw that the whole town was in ruins except for the town's hall. "How?" Mabel whispered and Dipper swallowed nervously before saying: "He's pissed. Very pissed."

*

Bill went in the biggest room of the town's hall and looked around him. The walls were a dark shade of white, the time made them that way, with nothing on them to make them worth looking at. The armchairs and the couch were old and of such a generic and boring shade of beige that it almost hurted Bill only looking at them, and they also looked uncomfortable. And lastly it was the large desk that was taking almost a quarter of the room. It was covered in papers, which bursted into flames as soon as Bill laid his eyes on them.
He walked up to the desk and sat on the old and uncomfortable chair behind it. He put his feet on the table and started looking through all the drawers. Many burned papers later he finally found what he was looking for. He put out a bottle of whiskey and, without even looking at it properly, he opened it and took a big gulp from it. He sat the bottle down on the desk and sighed. The ache from his chest hasn't stopped not even now. And to make it worse, it was only getting worse: Doesn't matter how drunk he was or how many things he destroyed, the ache wasn't disappearing, instead it was getting worse. And he knew why. And he knew what to do. But he wasn't ready to admit it to himself that he was heartbroken, let alone to somebody else.
And that's how he spent his time: contemplating about his broken heart and all the unknown feelings it brought with it, while drinking cheap whiskey. But then a thought crossed his mind: 'Let's pretend I'm actually ready to tell him he broke my heart, how will I find him?' He dropped the empty bottle from his hand, straight to the floor, as he reached for the collar of his shirt. He undid his bowtie and searched with his fingers underneath the collar of his shirt until he touched a silver necklace. He put out the necklace from underneath his shirt and holded the pinetree charm in his hand. He looked at the blue stone from the middle of the charm for a second before gripping the charm in his hand.
He sighed relieved when the charm turned warm two seconds later. 'He still has it.' Bill thought with a smile on his face. As much as he hated to admit it, he still cared. Maybe a bit too much. He let go of the charm and sighed. He really did care too much and he didn't understand why. He had his heart broken and yet there he was, caring despite all the pain it causes him the mere thought about Dipper's existence. "He broke my heart." Bill said just above a whisper. He admitted it. Then why was he still caring? Now he was both hurt and confused. Feelings confused him. He knew exactly how they worked, but sadly that was only in theory. He tried everything to cheer himself up, but nothing worked. He knew everything about human emotions and yet all the information seemed useless at the moment. And there was also the fact that he wasn't supposed to have feelings. Of course, he was only supposed to, because there he was, trying to drown his feelings with alcohol and he was miserably failing.
He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't even realise that somebody entered the room. It was the person Bill wanted to see the most in that moment and yet, it was the person Bill was hoping to never have to see again.

**

"We need to get there." Dipper said and Mabel turned to look at her brother. "How are we going to do that? Bill's henchmen are everywhere." "Yes, and I've lived with Bill for 10 years now, I know how to take them down." Dipper said with a smirk as he set down his backpack. "Then teach me." Mabel said sternly, her tone giving away that she didn't accept no as an answer. "Because as much as I hate this, you have to go alone. I don't trust Bill, not a tiny bit, but I trust you and I know you'll solve this mess." She added and Dipper put out a pen and a notebook. He shielded the notebook as he wrote in it and then handed it to Mabel. "As far as I can remember you know latin so you shouldn't have a problem reading this." Dipper started explaining. "Just read this and that'll knock them out for a few hours. The only problem is that you need to do this to each and every one of them, individually." "Alright. And yes, you remember correctly. We both took latin in high school and we were bored out of our minds because they weren't teaching us a single thing." Mabel said with a smile as she glanced at the notebook and after a small silence she looked straight at Dipper.
"Do you really love him?" She asked in a serious tone and Dipper smiled.
"More than anything." He said. "Then please visit." Mabel said, her voice just above a whisper. "I promise I will. And you're not alone. You have Pacifica. And she really loves you." "How can you know?" Mabel asked as she looked down, not wanting to meet Dipper's gaze. "I can see it in the way she looks at you. You bright up her day." Dipper explained as he put his backpack back on. "Really?!" She asked and Dipper nodded. "Well then, let's do this!" Mabel said and they both left in diffrent directions.
Dipper went towards the front door of the town's hall, meanwhile Mabel went in the opposite direction.
Right when he reached the door, Dipper felt something warm on his chest. He searched his for necklace under his shirt and when he found it he put it out and held the triangle charm in his hand. Just as expected, it was warm. He smiled and rolled his eyes. 'He's so upset he needs to check whether or not I'm fine.' He thou as he gripped the charm in his hand. After a few seconds the charm turned cold and Dipper let go of it and entered inside the building.
He gripped the charm again and thought where would Bill be. An image of the mayor's office flashes before his eyes and he let go of the charm as he started running as fast as he could. He needed to find Bill as soon as he could and make it up to him. He finally reached the last floor, which had only two identical doors on each side of it. The door looked absolutely identical, not even a single thing was diffrent, and it was impossible to tell which is which. Dipper sighed and took his chances as he opened the left door.

Author note
4 things:
1. Wow, I work really well under pressure.
2. Happy birthday to me.
3. I'm so tired.
4. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, see ya in two weeks.