one

"Happy Birthday!" 

The voice made Mason cover her face with a pillow.

"Go away." She growled.

"Come on Mason. I just got back from Florida and you haven't seen me in a week. Besides, it's your birthday." Bella pulled her blanket off.

"How the hell did you get in my house anyways?" Mason threw her pillow to the side with a huff.

"You gave me a key." Bella answered with furrowed eyebrows.

"Worst decision I've ever made actually."

"Remember, in seventh grade, when you went through that bang phase." Bella used her hand to draw a crooked imaginary line exactly above her eyebrow.

"Okay, second worst decision I've ever made." 

The two girls laughed at the thought of young Mason. The past few months had been good. Mason was able to keep her mom's house, even after her step-dad left. Bella and Edward had made sure to spend time with Mason. But Jacob, that was another story; he was always busy with the pack and when he wasn't, he completely ignored her. It was a silent, non-commutable relationship, if it even was a relationship anymore.

"Get dressed, Edward wants to get you breakfast. Only a few more weeks left of school." Bella opened up Mason's curtains.

"And then the scariest part, adulthood." 

Bella snickered. "Go take a shower already."

●●●

Mason parked next to Edward, watching the two talk she walked up to Edward's window and knocked.

"Yes, Mason?" He asked after his window rolled down.

"Thank you for breakfast again. I appreciate it."

"It's the least i could do. Happy Birthday Ma-"

He cut himself off and furrowed his brows.

"What?" Mason asked.

"If I asked you two to stay by the car, would you?" Edward asked while getting out and walking away.

"Please, has he met us?" Mason asked while fast walking to catch up, Bella right behind her.

"Of course not." Edward spoke under his breath.

Mason's eyes widened when she saw that it was Jacob that Edward was going to see.

"Hey. Charlie said you left town." Jacob ignored Mason's presence and asked Bella.

"Yeah. To visit my mom, why?"

"Just checking to see if you're still human." Jacob bitterly spoke.

"Why wouldn't she be human? What else would she be?" Mason asked, the three looking at each other.

"I'm coming here to warn you." Jacob changed the subject while watching Mason throw her hands up in the air out of the corner if his eye. "If your kind come on our land again..."

"Wait, what?" Mason asked, looking over at Bella who only looked down.

"You didn't tell her?" Jacob smirked.

"Just leave it alone, Jacob."

"Tell me what?" Mason's voice rose.

"Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding, there is nothing to worry about." Edward looked at Mason with a smile.

"Nothing to wo- Why the hell should Edward be the one to tell me? Shouldn't you, since you're my boyfriend. Or are you?" Mason asked, stepping closer to Jacob.

Edward looked up as it began to thunder, gulping. "You should leave. Now."

"She has a right to know. She is the one the red-head wants." Jacob spoke through clenched teeth.

"Victoria?" Mason's heart dropped. "Alices's vision." She recalled the events that had taken place in the lunch room weeks ago.

"I was trying to protect you." Bella answered.

"You knew? And you lied to me? Bella i thought we were over that." Both Edward and Bella had no words. "Okay. We're gonna talk about this, but..." Mason shook her head and looked down before narrowing her eyes at Jacob. "You. Why haven't you called me back?"

"I had nothing to say." 

"Well, I have tons. Hold on."

"Hey." Mason looked at Edward's hand on her forearm, hearing Jacob growl. "I'm sorry."

"Shove it. I'm not your girlfriend, i'm not you sister, and you're not my dad; i don't need your protection." Mason stared daggers into the happy couple standing before her. "And i sure as hell don't need you lying to me again."

Mason hopped on the back of Jacob's motorcycle, grabbing the helmet he handed her. Rolling her eyes at the look he had, he could never get used to her independent attitude.

"Lose the grin, Jacob. You're next." She put the helmet on.

"Hold on tight."

●●●

[not edited]

THIS TOOK SO LONG I'M SORRY BUT HERE IT IS. THE FIRST CHAPTER.