two

The familiar scent of Emily's cooking instantly hit Mason's nose as she walked towards the house she missed so dearly.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Jacob asked with a smirk.

"Ready for wh-" Her question was cut off when one of the boys picked her up and spun her around.

"Mason!" The voice, who she soon recognized as Embry, said cheerfully

"Hey boys." She greeted after being put down.

"Look who's back." Embry was excited to say the least.

"Whatup, Mase?" 

"Quil, you too?" She asked, pushing hair out of her face.

"Yep. Finally made the pack." He answered while the boys messed with his hair.

"I'm glad you're here, Mason." Paul admitted, making her smile.  "Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue." 

"I wish Mason would call. I wish Mason wouldn't call."

"Maybe I should call Mason."

"Maybe I should call Mason and hang up." The boys teased, the girl snorted.

"Alright, you can shut up now." Jacob scolded.

A girl Mason didn't recognize walked out of Emily's house, a sour look tattooed on her face. Everyone went quiet.

"Mason, this is Leah Clearwater.  Harry's daughter." Jacob introduced.

"Hey." Mason waved. "I'm really sorry about your father."

"If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave." She spat at me before walking away.

"Fun, isn't she?" Jacob sarcastically asked.

"Mason, hi." Emily's voice broke the tension. Her hug making Mason's anger fade away.

"Hey." The brunette smiled widely. "I was wondering when we'd see your face around here again." 

"Yeah, same here." Sam said while putting his arm around his fiance's shoulder.

"Sam, we're good?" Jacob asked.

"We're good. I missed Mason's sarcastic remarks. She really helped keep these boys in check." He smiled a warm smile.

●●●

"So, when did Leah join the pack?" Mason asked while they walked towards Jacob's house.

"Around when her Dad died. Her brother Seth, also phased. He's only fifteen. One of the youngest we've had. Sam keeps him home studying, but he's chomping at the bit." He pushed his bike, sighing. "Wish it was Leah who'd stay home."

"Come on, don't be such a guy." She teased, putting her hands in her jacket pocket.

"No, it's-' He paused and laughed. "It's not a chick thing. It's- you know, a triangle thing." Mason looked over at him in confusion. "We all have to live the Leah, Sam, Emily pain-fest." 

"Wolf telepathy?" She asked, he nodded. "So, Sam dumps Leah for Emily?"

"It wasn't like that. Sam hates himself for hurting Leah. But, Emily was the one." Jacob admits

"Yeah, I guess it's sort of chooses you sometimes." Mason, sadly spoke.

"It's more than some crush, Mase. Sam imprinted on Emily." He explained, the two entering his garage.

"Do I want to know what that is?" Mason asked while Jacob kicked his bike stand and put it in place.

He bent down to grab a tool and leaned on the bike. "Imprinting on someone is like-" He paused and thought for a second, taking a deep breath. "Like when you see her." He smiled slightly. "Everything changes. All of a sudden, it's not gravity holding you to the planet. It's her." He looked at Mason. "Nothing else matters. You would do anything, be anything for her."

Mason looked down, her heart clenching. "It sounds like you know the feeling." Jacob then avoided eye contact, visibly gulping. "Have you... imprinted on someone?"

The wolf looked at her, clenched his jaw and sighed. "You'd know if I had." He looked down, making Mason let out a shaky breath. "I just have a direct line to Sam's thoughts."

"So for now, you're...still you." Mason said with a smile.

"And you're still you." He said with a slight smile.

"Yeah." She answered. The words hit her harder than she expected. Looking at the ground, she fought back tears.

Failing miserably, she wiped away a tear that ran down her cheek. "I missed you." She looked up.

Jacob's eyebrows furrowed, he felt like his heart had broken into pieces. He hated hurting her more than anything in the world. "I know, and i'm sorry."

"You know?" She asked in anger.

"That was wrong choice of words." He shook his head.

"Damn right. You ignore me for weeks; forward my calls, read my text but don't reply, not to mention having your dad and the pack lie to me about your whereabouts. I thought we were passed that." She explained.

"You started hanging around the bloodsuckers." He told her.

"The bloods- what the Cullens?" He nodded. "Jesus Jacob, it was for Bella. When you were never around all i had was Bella and you know how obsessed with Edward she is." She watched his jaw clench. "You're such an asshole." He looked down in shame, her heart called for him despite her obvious anger. "An asshole that i can't stop loving."

Jacob looked up at her words, fighting back a smile. "I guess i deserve that." He walked closer to Mason. Putting one hand on her waist and the other on her cheek. "I love you too, more than you will ever know."

Mason smiled at his words, his lips were softer than she remembered. The two moved in sync, their emotions melting together. After a while, they pulled back for air.

"God i love you." Jacob whispered while leaning his forehead on hers.

"You're a terrible liar Jacob Black."

He instantaneously flinched at her words, pulling back to look at her in confusion. 

"Sam told me months ago that you imprinted on me jerk." She smiled at his priceless facial expression. "It's getting dark. I should go home."

"I'll take you."

●●●

"You know, if you ever get lonely in this big house my bed can fit two; you still like the top right?" Jacob asked with a smirk.

Mason punched him in the shoulder, his sexual innuendo embarrassing her. She rolled her eyes while pushing the front door open. Her snarky come back was cut off by a shudder that ran through her body, stepping inside the house she could tell something was off. The color of her eyes immediately alerting Jacob that his imprint sensed danger.

 The color of her eyes immediately alerting Jacob that his imprint sensed danger

  ●●●

[un-edited]

I'm back bitchessssssssssssssssssssssss.