four

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer..." Mason tuned out the news and started to bite her nails.

"It's getting worse." Carlisle spoke up as Bella and Edward entered the room. "We're going to have to do something. It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..."

"It's Newborns." Edward cut his dad off.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked with a laugh.

"In their first few months after the change. That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst. Something to look forward to." Emmett explained from beside Mason.

The brunette rolled her eyes when he brought up Bella's transformation.

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random. Someone's creating an army." Carlisle told the group.

"Oh, now we're definitely going to Seattle." Emmett said with excitement.

"An Army of vampires?" Mason finally asked.

"And they've been created to fight someone." Edward answered her question with a nod.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle. Regardless, of who they are, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will." The blonde vampire admitted.

"I'm surprised they've let it go on this long." Bella spoke her mind.

"Maybe they're behind it." Mason shrugged.

"In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me and Alice to join him. He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive." Edward told the four.

"An army could solve that for him." Mason voiced slowly.

    ●●●      

"Gosh, it's so pretty here." Mason said with a smile, watching the sunset over the water. 

"So, Alice is planning a big graduation party. Which you're invited to." Bella said with a smile.

"Oh yeah. A lone wolf in a house full of vampires." Jacob joked.

"Come on, stop being such an ass." Mason put her hands in her jacket pocket.

"I'm not being an ass Mase. It's in my blood, i have to hate them." 

"You don't have to." She exaggerated.

"You should too. You know, being the Q'Wati and all."

"Right, i almost forgot about that." Mason kicked a rock.

"We still haven't talked about it." Bella stopped walking.

"There's nothing to talk about. We discussed it the other night and that's it." She blew her off.

"Why are you so hard-headed?" Jacob groaned.

"The same reason you're so single-minded." She turned to face him. "The Cullens are not bad people Jake. They want nothing more than to keep me and Bella alive."

"Not you too." He rolled his eyes.

"Yes, me too. The Cullens are my friend, my ally, and they should be yours too." She poked his chest.

"I figured that."

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"The only reason you haven't killed them yet is because of Bella."