4. First Concert

December 15, 2014

Tonight was our first concert. I was so nervous. I hate performing in front of people. It gives me the chills, so many people looking at you. And to make matters worse, flutes sit in the front row.

I did have one consolation, though. It was so exciting. I was first chair! Apparently, I'm the best flute player in my class! Unfortunately, this also meant I was the first flute in the front row.

All of our pieces sounded amazing. When we performed our section features, the flutes did Frosty the Snowman. It's hard to believe I was struggling with that piece a few weeks ago!

All the section features were great, but Percussion really stole the show there. It was amazing!!! The Percussionists are amazing! I wish I had played percussion now...

After the concert, everyone started exchanging instruments. I tried Evan's trumpet. She managed a sound out of my flute, but I couldn't make a sound on her trumpet. It was fun to hold, though!

It's going to be weird to go back to normal band class now. Our sound is going to sound so epically empty! Luckily, the trumpets are in the next room over, blasting us out (again).

 Our sound is going to sound so epically empty! Luckily, the trumpets are in the next room over, blasting us out (again)