12. High School Visit

February 12, 2016

We visited the high school today. It got me out of Gift with Ms. James. World's worst teacher right there. It also got me out of science. Hopefully I won't have too much makeup work.

We listened to the Jazz Band play first. I can't remember the name of the song, but it was pretty cool. There was one part when two boys started talking to each other in the middle of the song. I was so confused. I thought someone had forgotten their solo. I found out later that it's actually just a part of the song.

When we left the main band hall to go play in the Performing Arts Center, someone almost left their trumpet behind. Of course, it was Lucas's. We also found some Honors Band kid's backpack.

Playing with the high schoolers was pretty cool. We got to listen to their piece first, which had a flute solo! The high schoolers had learned our music and played along with us. The band we played with also happened to be Ms. Rose's band (#msroseflutearmy). It was fun to see her again.

This practice went a lot better than our clinic. Instead of spending an hour and a half on one piece, we actually worked on all of them! It was kind of intimidating playing next to high schoolers. They're just too good!