thirteen

chapter 13

The quick announcement Adams called us for, was nothing but a reminder to be up bright and early. We didn't have an activity planned since it was Wednesday and he had decided to give us a break until before breaking out into activities again.

Afterwards, I got Mikaela to take a walk with me around the grounds and I told her what happened. Not all of it. But most of it. She flipped. She didn't over exaggerate and squeal. Instead, she was more surprised and uneasy with the news that I had actually done something that could lead to having sex with Harry. If it ever happens.

I kept telling her how much I feared going back to the cabin only for him to pretend nothing happened, whatsoever.

I didn't care whether or not he did but I just didn't want the awkward atmosphere that was bound to approach. I can easily brush it off, sure, that is if we didn't see each other often.

However, I'm stuck with him for another five days, expected to be by his side for the entirety of the trip; and though I'm capable of hiding my feelings towards our recent shenanigans, I wasn't quite sure nor wanted to know how Harry would come up about it.

"It's common for you to feel that way, Ray." She shrugged, kicking the dirt beneath her feet. "Especially because it's Harry and it wouldn't be the first time he's done something like that."

"That makes me feel better," I roll my eyes.

"But at least you know what's coming." She says, and I raise a brow, questioning what she meant. "I'm saying, if he brushes it off pretending it didn't happen, then you should do the same. It shouldn't be hard. You did it with Jason, shouldn't be too hard with Harry."

So I agreed. And so I went back to my cabin, expecting the worst but to my surprise and relief, I had found Harry already sound asleep on his bunk.

So I went to bed; and as tired as I was, it took me hours before I was finally able to close my eyes and fall asleep with a clear conscience.

The next morning, I feared the awkward atmosphere that was preparing itself to commence just moments after getting up. But to my surprise, yet again, it was all too casual. Don't get me wrong, I didn't act as if aiming for it to get awkward nor did I try to make it awkward.

So, without thinking too much about what Harry could be thinking about, I jumped down from the bed, grabbing my things and yawning before walking out the cabin towards the bathroom facilities.

When I got back, Harry was gone yet came in just moments after I had. He simply nodded to me, his usual hello, I guess you can call it, and then went on in conversation as if nothing.

Which I kindly but silently appreciated, mentally thanking God that was his approach.

We only spoke briefly about the activity we'd be doing today. Harry said he'd passed by the syllabus for the week posted up by the main office board to grab one only for them to be completely gone, aside from the one posted up.

Our first event of the week; canoeing.

I was hoping this would be included during the trip, and I was looking forward to finding out so when Harry told me that's what we had to do first, I was excited.