twenty-eight

trigger warning : this chapter will reference r*pe. ⚠️

chapter 28

[ H A R R Y ]

"Have you seen Ray?"

"Not really. I think she's been absent. Why?" Jake asks, picking at his Apple as we sat in the courtyard during lunch.

"That's the thing, she hasn't. She's been in school," I say, taking a momentary pause before looking around for her again.

"Then why are you asking if you know this?" Jake asked with a raised brow.

It's been three days since that night at the bonfire; three days since I've seen or spoken to her. I've tried calling and texting non-stop. At one point I think she blocked my number then unblocked it the next day. Then I'm sure she blocked it for good. I've been looking for her at school, where I usually see her at her usual spots but now not at all. She's lucky we have different lunch periods. And then we have last period together which is environmental science. But she's never in class.

"Because we have last period together-"

"So you've seen her," Jake quips, shaking his head at me.

"No, dude. She hasn't been in class but she's been attending school. I know because I overhear Adams muttering that she skipped class again, meaning she's been attending just ditching last period."

"Okay, and?"

"And? I need to talk to her but-"

"But what? Dude, have you thought maybe you're the last person she wants to associate herself with?" Jake sits up straight and faces me. His expression was hard to read. "I was there at the bonfire. I was there when all that shit went down. I saw the look on her face when everyone decided to become a hypocrite and shame her over..." He pauses, struggling for a second, "Something so stupid."

I wanted to ask Jake about what he knew. Seeing the way he seemingly tried to find the right words. But I couldn't when he continued.

"Maybe you should give her some time. This isn't the first time you put her through hell," He bites and looks past me, something catching his eye.

"Hey-"

"Incoming," Jake says, nodding behind me. I turn to find Mikaela, casually strolling past, hand clutched to the strap of her bag, other one scrolling through her phone. She sits a couple feet away on a different bench in the courtyard, and suddenly, I'm filled with an unforgivable amount of anger.

Jake is stunned when I get up abruptly, throwing my backpack over my shoulder and marching towards her. The closer I get as I approach her, the more I get this built up anger forming inside me. Especially with the confused and nosy glances that are hitting me on my way over to her.

When I get close enough, it's when she finally looks up and is startled to see me approaching her.

"Harry," She breathes, taken back but I couldn't give less of a fuck.

"We need to talk. Now," I sneer, pulling Mikaela up off the courtyard bench and out of sight; trying to avoid as many following eyes as possible.

I yank her by her arm around the back of the cafeteria as she's fighting to get out of my grip. When we finally make it, she pulls away freely with an angry glare. "Are you out of your damn mind!? That's considered assault!"

"As opposed to what you did to Ray?"

"Well, it's not like it wasn't true-"