chapter two

"Where are we going?" you asked, as the boy was dragging you along the street, the cold air pushing through the fabric of your dress.

"My compound", he said and you huffed. All you could hear were the faraway ambulance sirens, and the sound of your heels against the pavement. There was no one around to help you, no one who was willing to. You saw a couple of girls pass you by but they just walked past with their heads down.

"What's your name?" you asked, but he didn't say anything. He just gripped your arm tighter and moved you next to a door that you had reached. The building looked abandoned and there was a lock on the door.

You thought he was reaching for a key, but he backed up and then kicked the door open. You stepped back and he took your arm, pushed you in first and the men inside were alerted. They drew their guns and of them stood up from a chair, not too upset about the broken door.

"Where's my money, Pan?" he who you assumed was the leader of the group said. The boy holding you was much younger than him, much thinner too, but he didn't seem too frightened.

"Pan? As in Peter Pan?", you asked with a laugh. He didn't listen to you, just stared at the tall man before the two of you and sighed.

"I don't have it all yet", he said. They were all alert, pointing their guns at you and your captor. You tried to stay calm, and not to panic. You were drunk – possibly high too – and your brain couldn't process it all. You just stared at the five men, all ready to pull the trigger. It brought you a flashback. You felt shivers rush down your spine as you thought of the black look in his eyes when he shot the poor kid.

"That's not going to work for me", the growled. He had a deep scar across his cheek and he gave you a look. "How much you got now?"

"About three fourth", Pan said and the man grinned.

He looked at you and then at his boys. "That, and the girl", he said. "Then we're square."

Pan looked at you and thought for a second. He looked into your eyes and you parted your lips, talking a slow and deep breath in. He reluctantly let you of your arm and then looked up at the man. "Deal."