chapter fifteen

You woke up tired. Maybe because you had only gotten about three hours of sleep the previous night because of F/N's little visit. You had spent about ten minutes telling her what happened and honestly, you felt a little better. You were ready to go back to school.

You got dressed, and looked at yourself in the mirror. You tilted your head at the reflection. If he did care about you, what the hell did he see in you? Your self esteem wasn't of the best, since you'd been bullied about you not having any biological parents and everything else about you. Since when were adopted kids freaks? You let your H/L hair hang loose instead of a ponytail, and you didn't wear any make up today. You didn't look so bad either anymore. You'd had dark shadows under your eyes for the past week, but they were gone now. I think telling someone about what happened really helped. Now you could start your journey on getting over Pan.

You walked along the street to your school, and saw the ally that he had dragged you to after those cops seemed suspicious. You stopped by the ally for a second, and kept going. You'd see F/N today and you'd apologize for snapping at her. She was only trying to help.

You reached the school after changing buses twice to get there, and you sighed. You hadn't remembered the stress that came with school and you regretted coming. Maybe you should just go back home?

"Y/N!" F/N yelled from across the yard. You turned toward and her and smiled. "You made it!"

"Yeah, I did," you said and hugged her. "I'm sorry for snapping at you, you were just trying to help."

"No, no," she shook her head. "What do I know? Maybe you do like him for real."

Maybe.

"Come on, class," she commanded and you smiled.

School was school. Nothing interesting happened, at all. You saw your same old classmates that you'd seen for years and years. But as you were walking home though, you decided not to take the bus but walk the whole way. It wasn't really that long of a walk.

You walked past that Chinese restaurant that your family always ordered food from every Friday. These streets were so familiar to you, but ever since you met Pan you felt like your world had changed. You didn't mean to sound cheesy, but something in your world changed. He brought something into it.

Walking lost in your thoughts, you found yourself not knowing where you were. You looked around for land marks, but you didn't recognize your surroundings. Then as you looked behind, you saw a familiar garage door. You were in Pan's old compound. You went to the door, and lifted it up. It was heavy and you still flinched at the noise it made. You saw that all their things were left behind. The couch, the coffee table and the TV. You just stood there for a moment, thinking.

"Hey, you," you heard from behind. You turned around to see Felix, looking at you from head to toe.

"Hello to you too," you said with a smile, even though you knew he did not like you.

"What are you doing here?" Felix was the only one of the boys with an American accent.

"Got lost," you said. Felix walked past you to get something from the back room and walked back to you. "Where's Pan?"

"He shouldn't be far behind," Felix said dully. He always spoke lazily and like he couldn't care less. It made you feel uneasy.

"Why did he let me go?" you then asked. Felix furrowed his brows.

"You should ask him that," he said.

You didn't want to. He already told you once why, but for some reason you didn't believe it was only because you "wouldn't tell."

"Felix!" you heard a familiar voice call and you jumped.

"Gotta go," he turned around and you stood still. You felt your stomach flip when you saw him.

"I thought I told you—" Pan was cut off when his eyes met you. He shifted uncomfortably and looked at Felix. He walked off with the box he had carried from the back room and disappeared.

Pan then reluctantly looked at you. He was a good five meters away from you yet he felt like he was too close.

"Hey."