2.2 || bad dreams

twenty two ; bad dreams

"Aria..."

Aria opened her eyes to find herself in the middle of a room. Or at least she thought it was a room, all she could see was black, but she could feel the floor beneath her.

"Aria..."

The whisper echoed in the empty space. Aria took a few steps forward, her combat boots making loud, echoing noises as she did. A cold shiver ran down her spine at the sound of his- it's voice.

"Who are you?" She yelled out, feeling pretty stupid to talk to nothing. But she had to know, why was she there? Where was she? Who was the whisper?

"You know me, Aria Greene." The voice whispered again, although it echoed so much that it sounded more like a scream. "I used to be you, you used to be me."

Aria furrowed her eyebrows. That didn't make any sense at all. She recognized the voice though, but it was old, like she hadn't heard it in a long time. But she knew it from somewhere.
Then suddenly, it was like a spotlight had been turned on over a figure, standing a few steps in front of her. Aria immediately saw who it was, and sighed in relief.

"Thank god you're here Stiles, we need to get out of here." Aria said as she took a few long steps and placed her arms around his waist. She hugged his cold body, but stopped as she noticed that he didn't hug her back.

If only she had noticed the dark bags under his eyes, dried lips and even more pale skin. If only she had noticed the dark aura that seemed to glow around him. He wore the usual smirk and the same clothes as he had when he died.

"No," Aria started, taking steps backwards, "no, no, no, no, this isn't possible! You're dead! We killed you!"

The nogitsune in Stiles' body only smirked again, and laughed a cold, humorless laugh. It made Aria want to turn around and run for her life, but where would she run? It was all black, and she didn't want to show how afraid she really was of the dark kitsune who once took over her soul and brainwashed her into erasing her humanity. The dark kitsune who also was the reason to her best friends' death, and the reason to that the whole pack was scarred for life. The reason to why Aria still had nightmares of her pushing that sword into Allison's body, and the reason to why she almost never slept.

"Yes you did," the nogitsune started, "that's very much right. I see you have gained back your humanity again. That's a shame, I loved the reckless you."

The nogitsune walked in circles around her, and Aria felt her whole body tense at his gaze. He stopped in front of her, his dark eyes who was nothing like Stiles' warm hazel ones, was terrifying.

"You're brave" he muttered, caressing her soft cheek with a finger, making Aria tense at his touch. "You're not like how you were when I last visited you."

"You mean the last time you brainwashed and used me to get to my friends?" Aria spat, struggling not to kick the nogitsune straight between his legs. But something told her he wouldn't feel anything. C'mon, he was dead, right?

The nogitsune laughed.

"Yeah, I remember that. But now I'm dead. And you're gonna bring me back."

Aria shot up from her sleeping position. Her pajamas were sticking against her body and her hair was messy from all the turning in her bed.

"Aria?" A sleepy voice said, and Aria sighed as she put a hand on her forehead.

"Yeah Stiles, go back to sleep." Aria whispered as she laid down, her boyfriend wrapping his arms around her.

"Bad dream?" Stiles asked sleepily, his voice a little hoarse from all the sleeping.
Aria nodded, but said no more, and Stiles understood that Aria was too tired to talk about it, or wanted to talk about it at all.

As they both fell asleep, they didn't notice the creature outside the window of the Greene house. A man, much alike the boy inside with his girlfriend.

Only darker.