[2]

during the next couple of days dan went a long with his usual routine. going to school, reading, listening to music. maybe he could ask dean to hang out with him on friday night. dan nodded. good idea.

~

friday night arrived, along with dean. dean and dan had only recently become friends, but clearly bonded well over books and music. the two often hung out just chatting or listening to music. tonight seemed different. dean was on edge. "dean?" dan spoke, poking his friend. the two met eyes and dean sighed. "what's up?" he approached. "dan, i need to ask a favour." dan nodded, urging his friend to continue. "well... i want to quit working at the library." tilting his head a little, dan replied "so you want to borrow money? you've really come to the wro-" dean shushed him "no... you see the library'll get pissed at me seeing as they have, yknow, limited staff or whatever..." dean trailed off. "sooo, i come into this where?" dan asked. dean swallowed.

"do you think that you could apply for a job before i go?" 

the words came out in a splutter. dan raised his eyebrows at dean and started laughing. "dean why were you so nervous about that? i told you i was looking for a job. of course!" the pair laughed and the evening continued.

~

it had been a week, the note completely forgotten about. that is until today. dan opened his book of poetry and a note fell out. the same feminine, sweet smelling stationary. this time it read 'don't ignore me' with the same phone number. he chuckled lightly as he scrunched up the paper into his pocket. 

dan couldn't be bothered with these kinds of things.

~