[3]

he could feel the blood rushing through every part of his body. making everything ache. dan hated running. and, for some unfathomable reason, it was necessary at school.

~

 as he made his way over to the end of the track he noticed he was the last runner. he also noticed that nobody cared. everybody seemed to be crap at running here. 

the entire class made their way back towards the school building, glad that this was the final lesson of the day. dan wasn't paying attention until a certain scent drew him away from his thoughts. he looked up. he was surrounded by a group of sweaty males. never mind. his thoughts went back to friday night, where dan agreed to help dean. he really needed to crack on with that. tomorrow dan thought. he still had extra work to complete. although... staying behind after school was not a personal favourite.

he changed, stuffing his gym clothes and shoes into his locker before making his way to one of the few classes that had a computer available. he needed to write a speech about something important to him. poetry? sounds kind of... lame. music? too... cliche? dan settled on life, he guessed that was important. clickety clack. old keyboards.

~

 by 4:30, he had only written about eight lines. dan decided that was enough for the day. he made his way through the halls, to his locker at the other side of the building. this was not a fun experience, school was mostly empty. nobody wanted to stay behind here.

approaching his locker, dan opened it to take out his gym things. a note fell out. same paper. same writing. same scent. he kicked it down the hall.

~

he picked it up.