[5]

the next day, phil sat with them again. he greeted everyone with a warm smile and a "hello." phil wore a light blue jumper today and dan couldn't help but notice the matching plastic, blue flower in his hair. "hey phil," he said after sitting down, "what's up?" dan cringed a little at his awkward conversation starter. clearly it worked as phil was more than happy to reply, "not a lot, had a really interesting history lesson just before." dan could practically see the sarcasm dripping from the sentence. he giggled. nobody else was really interested in this conversation, so were discussing themselves. "what about you dan, what's up?" phil asked. "you know i had the most exciting maths lesson just now..." he replied, laughing. 

"we've never really spoken much" phil announced about fifteen minutes into the conversation. "um no, i guess no-" dan started. "here, have my number" he said, after rummaging in his pocket and pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. he wrote his number and handed it to dan, before heading away. the paper was pink. feminine. phil. he entered the number into his phone before sending a text to it. 'hey, it's dan x'. as soon as the text sent, he regretted putting the kiss. dan outwardly groaned and a couple people looked at him, confused. he nodded in return

~

at the end of the day, dan stepped out of the class and crashed into another student. he looked up and made eye contact with phil. dan hadn't really noticed phil's height, he was taller than him. the pair laughed at their clumsiness. "so... do you want to leave school at some point?" questioned phil. the halls were already practically empty. "you don't need to ask me again." he replied. they walked out of school together, and surprisingly walked in the same direction home. the comfortable silence was broken by dan who blurted "i didn't realise you lived this way." phil replied with a nod. "yeah i live a few streets away from you." this earned a confused look from dan. phil's face turned red, "oh gosh i'm not a stalker or anything! i've seen you walk home a few times!" dan punched his arm lightly "what a creep." he replied with a giggle.

the two parted a few minutes later when they reached dan's street. they shared an awkward high-five before dan turned and walked to his home. he was filling a glass of water when his phone buzzed in his pocket.

'it's phil (: x'

~

a.n:     2K! i've decided i'm going to update once a week (or every fortnight at least) cause the slow updates are probably annoying oops.

thanks for the comments btw i like replying to them... just saying... (: