Chapter 3~ Not Ever

You dragged your sleeve across your face, wiping the last of your tears away. The entire incident had really embarrassed you, you had just met Sans and you were already crying on his shoulder. "I-im sorry Sans, that was immature of me I-" he pressed his cold bony finger against your lips, silencing you, you felt you cheeks heat up. "Its okay kiddo, we'll  get you home and everything'll be-" You started bawling again when he mentioned home, clinging back onto him "gosh kiddo your so emotional..." he muttered, he tried to keep you from hearing this comment, but you supposed because your face was pressed up against him, you heard him. You let go because of it. "Look kiddo its nothing really, I don't want to start another war because I 'kidnapped' ya or something", he tilted his head. You sniffled ,"N-no Sans you don't get it....my...my parents are...." he understood immediately. "Oh, I'm sorry kiddo" it was like he forgot all about you crying "so you don't...have a home than?" he asked, looking at me with sorrowful, concerned eyes. You shook your head slowly, he pulled you closer again, not in a romantic way, but in a way only a true friend would. "Well, consider yourself home, kiddo.", a faint smile made its way to your face, you now supposed you had a reason to feel at home. You pulled away from Sans, his grin returned. You let out a long sigh, "thank you Sans" you just smiled back in return. "No problem kiddo, but it would help your old sansy if ya told him your name" he tilted his head just slightly to the left, his sincere smile never fading. "Oh, of course," you giggled a bit at your forgetfulness, "Im (Y/n)" you said, situating yourself on the couch. He looked at you (Y/n)? Thats actually a pretty nice name kiddo, almost as good as mine." he joked. You pulled your legs up to your face, wrapping your arms around them to hold the position while you gazed at the televisions flashy colors absent minded. You really weren't paying attention, you were more focused on your thoughts. 'This isn't a dream, its a cruel reality, there is no waking up' you thought to yourself, almost sad about it, but pleased you weren't back at home. 

                   Its odd, now that you'd been living with monsters for about a month now, they lived atop Mt. Ebott, you once ask why and Sans had responded-  'its nice and snowy up here, just like our old home, it was also extremely remote, not to mention the long climb it took to get up, so the humans don't care to bother us, but our friends visit often, just to chill out ya know?', Sans was so funny. Sans' brother was far too enthusiastic, but it didn't bug you too much, he liked spaghetti, but you were still extraordinarily confused on how the skeleton brothers ate. You asked them how they got a house where it was, Papyrus explained how their old house seemed to 'follow them out' but Sans seemed to know exactly what happened, but he didn't share that info with either of you. They had apparently added some other human things to the house, for example, there was a new bathroom that took them a few months to install, the entrance was placed on the kitchens left wall, built for an occasion like this one, so you were probably the only one that was going to use it. It was complete with a mirror, a sink, a toilet, and a shower. The monsters were so strange though, you often hid away in Sans room when his friends visited, but they'd always want you to come out, especially the one named Toriel. Sans seemed to have a bit of a thing for her, or at least from what you understood of it. You couldn't quite understand why, but that bothered you, for some odd reason you didn't want Sans to like Toriel. 'It makes me feel jealous' you thought, realizing now, but it immediately caused you to feel guilty. Their monsters, you told yourself, I'm human, you'd repeat, but it never changed. You didn't let it phase you, but the feeling never passed. 

                    You dragged yourself down to the floor, Sans friends were visiting again, they often visited once every week so you'd gotten used to the routine. You leaned your head against the wooden door then you glanced at the mini logic defying tornado that always stayed in the corner of Sans' room, twirling tons of random junk around like they were batons. You pulled some pocket lint out of your jeans pocket and tossed it at the gusty garbage, you watched as it joined in. You sighed staring up at the ceiling. Someone knocked on the door. You closed your eyes, looking over a bit, allowing the tip of your ear to brush against the wooden surface of the door. "Who is it?" you asked, you voice barely audible. "Its Sans..." you let out another small sigh , pushing yourself up and pulling the door open, not entirely but enough to see the punny skeletons face. "Yes?" you asked solemnly, you knew what he'd say, that you needed to come out and socialize. "Look, kiddo, I know you don't like to talk to anyone, especially not us monsters, but I-" you stopped him by placing your finger on his lips just like you had the first day you met him, the same blush made its second appearance. You loved it, you had no idea why, but it pleased you when you could make him blush that way, but it was very rarely that you actually could. "I know Sans, believe me, I know, but trust me when I say that MY humans, were worse than YOUR monsters." it was a complicated statement, but you knew he'd understand, he always did. He looked away, a small frown replacing his crooked smile as he nodded. You didn't like to see him sad. He began to turn around, pulling the door shut behind him slowly, but you stopped it. He glanced at you, a confused expression on his face. "Ill come down," his wonderful smile returned "I don't suppose it'd hurt to at least meet your friends." you gave him a half smile, leaving his room, shutting the door tight as your feet shuffled away from the 'safe zone' as you had called it. You shuffled awkwardly down the stairs, following Sans. A furred goat lady wearing a purple gown was the first to notice you, and she was super excited once she did. Once you got to the bottom of the stairs you stopped to look at the monsters around you, but before you were done processing faces, the lady kneeled down and pulled you into a tight hug. You were shocked by her embrace, she let go and looked at you "You must be (Y/n), Sans told me so much about you! Im-" you stopped her "Toriel" you guessed. Her expression faltered for a moment, but her loving smile returned just as quick as it had disappeared. She nodded before backing up a bit, maybe your lack of enthusiasm had frightened her, you didn't smile when she pulled you into her tight hug, or upon speaking to her, you were already giving off the wrong impression, but you did sort of dislike her by fault, and it was all because Sans had taken a liking into her, you still didn't know why it bugged you so much.

                    Sans had so many friends, you had met all of them in the fifty minutes they were over at his house, there was Undyne, a strong fish lady, Alphys, a yellow scientist dinosaur, who might I add seemed to be crushing over miss sushi over there, Toriel, obviously, Asgore, who seemed to me a bit mad  at Sans for whatever reason, you suspected maybe him and Toriel used to be a thing, some little kid named Frisk and her potted flower, Flowey, Ms. Muffet, who honestly scared the living shix out of you since you had arachnophobia, and Mettaton, who was that kinky robot on the television. There were more that Sans told you about, like Grillby for example, but they usually don't visit. You could respect that, little house on the top of Mt. Ebott, visiting must be hard, but now everyone else was gone and it was just you and the skelebros now. Sans just stare blankly at the television, like any other day. You leaned up against him, taking up the rest of the couch with your long, lanky legs. You didn't mind having your eyes closed as much as you had them, your mind always had something else to show you than the same old spot on the wall. "Hey kiddo," you opened your eyes and shifted over to look at him, he turned to look at you too, "why don't you like to socialize anyways?". You didn't really know the answer to that one, you just weren't a relatable person, you'd dint know how to interact with others the way most did. You shrugged "well thats helpful" he added playfully. "Whatever!" you snickered, sticking your tongue out at him. He did the same, but you didn't know skeletons had tongues so it kinda surprised you, his tongue was blue and seemed to glow a bit, your cheeks started to heat up, and you covered your face in embarrassment. 'Why do things like this keep happening to me?' you wondered, but he just laughed his low throaty laugh. It was hard to feel bad around him. You appreciated that, you could never feel good around your old home. You let out another sigh and leaned back up against Sans. "Sans..." you mumbled "what is it kiddo?" he responded, curiosity rumbled within him, you could tell he was worried about what you'd say next, but he didn't need to. "Thank you." he chuckled "for what?" you still didn't open your eyes "for everything." you let a small smile slide onto your face. Now he sighed, he dragged his hand over, allowing his fingertips to make contact with yours, he was so cold. You loved it. You loved him, you realized in disbelief. It made you gasp a bit, it made him jump as well, causing his hand to pull away from yours. Now that you came to this conclusion, you never wanted to leave him, you wanted him to not only brush his hand across yours, but to hold you hand instead, but you'd never tell him that. not once in a million years. Not ever.