Chapter 4~ Life Is A Game

You stared at the 'reset' option. You had been wondering what it did for so long now. Sans still hadn't woken up, made sense considering it had to be about one in the morning, the sky was still an eerie black aside from the assorted array of snow swaying around in the wind. You didn't want to wake him, he was too peaceful. Why would a skeleton sleep in the first place? You pondered on this, keeping your menu open. You let out a long dragged out sigh. So you did love Sans, but you didn't want to. You looked down at the reset option again. You tilted your head a bit, dragging your small fragile hand over to it. You tapped it. 'Reset?' the dialogue spelled out digitally in front of you, two options stayed virtually under it. 'Reset' and 'Do not' you looked at Sans, then back at the options, The white letters caused the room to lighten up a bit. You pulled your hand up to the reset button. Sans rustled a bit, you took a deep breath, then let it out, tapping the option.

                    You woke up back on the couch, like the first day you had came. The same dazzling robot on the same television screen, the same couch, the same jacket, the same history book, including the millions inside, the same pet rock, the same stairs, the same kitchen, the same wonder. You looked around at the house again, realizing what you had just done. 'I reset it all' you came to this conclusion out of fear and confusion. You folded up the jacket again, and placed it firmly on the couch again. You put your hands on your head thinking everything over. It was kind of scary, this new power you had discovered, but this allowed you to feel a bit more relaxed as well, if you made a mistake, you could fix it. Like the one you had made before. This time you'd keep him from you, with this you had an idea, it was a scary idea, and it was cruel, but if you regretted it, you'd reset again, not like it would matter afterwards, you'd fix it all. You felt at your pocket, your knife was gone. You walked into the kitchen red dialogue appearing in front of you in red. 'Where are the knives?' it was funny, thats what you were just wondering. Your knife was on the counter. You looked at the doorway and sneered. You snatched it and tucked it back into your pocket. You ran up the steps, waiting for Sans to come out of his room. You sat down by his door and waited patiently. You weren't sure you were ready for this, it definitely wasn't something you'd done before, or ever planned on doing. You didn't think of yourself as someone who'd end the life of another, not even a monster. His door creaked open, you stood immediately. "Hey kiddo" His voice chimed. You didn't even look at him, once he closed the door he opened his mouth to say something, but you cut him off, literally. You had swiftly pulled the blade out of your pocket and slashed it across his chest. He looked at you with wide eyes, you sneered back at him. ".........So...Guess thats it, huh?" That smile you still adored never left his face, but neither did your  cruel frown. Blood ran from his nose and his mouth, he held the place you had hit him, but once he moved his hand, it too, was coated in a thick layer of blood. He looked at you once more before fading into dust, his remains dispersed across the floor. Your breathing got frantic. You heard Papyrus's door open "Sans are you o-" his voice cut off and you listened to him gasp in disbelief. You turned your head and looked at him with fierce eyes. "h-Human?" his voice cracked. It amused you. You turned your body to face him entirely. He just stared at you, fear obvious on his face. You raised the knife once more, the tall skeleton recoiled slightly, preparing for your impact. Your face faltered, your expressions changed into fear and sadness, but always pulling back into that creepy face of yours. Finally the blade fell from your hand and you dropped to your knees and began sobbing.

                    Papyrus looked at you for a moment, deciding if he should help you or not. After a bit of crying he approached you "Human, are you....alright?" you'd never seen him like this, all the months you'd spent with him before the reset, he was always so enthusiastic. Now if you'd just seen someone murder someone close to you, you'd run off, you wouldn't do anything close to anything this friendly skeleton had just done. You looked up at him "Papy, your too good for this world." the words barely left your mouth as you curled into a tight ball. His gloved hand brought your face up to look at him, he was crying too. His other hand wiped away one of your tears. You sighed, "Im so sorry Papyrus." You didn't make eye contact with him, you were scared to. He stopped and sat down next to you, pulling Sans jacket over and holding it tight. "Ill fix it, okay?," you knew you could, but he just glanced at you in confusion "don't worry.". You opened your menu and clicked the reset button, pulling up the options again. Papyrus looked at you, and the options, you could tell he had questions, it didn't surprise you that he didn't know about any of this, he didn't have the same powers you did, but you were determined to make things right, and fix the wrongs you had made. You could feel your sins weighing down on your neck. "Human-" you put your hand on his mouth, silencing him, a bleak smile on your face. You looked back at the options and clicked reset.

                    You opened your eyes for the third time, except now, the jacket was gone, things had changed, you looked around frantically 'did I jack with ALL the timelines?!?!' fear ran through you, then you noticed Sans sitting at the edge of the second floor, looking at you, his smile gone. At first you didn't know what to do, he got up and so did you. You ran up the stairs a towards him, but before you could pull him into a hug, something held you beck. His eyes narrowed at you. You looked down, a blue soul levitated just centimeters away from your chest. This actually shocked you, how come you had never noticed that being there before? You looked back up at Sans, surprise evident on your face. A bone shot out of no where when Sans raised his hand, it penetrated you instantly, and the pain flooded over you. You let out a loud scream of panic as the blood drained from your stomach and onto the floor, he just stared at you, waiting as the moments passed for you to die. "Sans....," you hacked up some blood in between words "w-why are you doing this???". 5hp. 4hp. 3hp. "I know what you did." 1hp. Your heart busted. GAME OVER. I suppose life is a game then. "Stay determined" an unfamiliar voice chattered. You clicked continue, but you weren't sure you could stand any of that again. What you had just done wasn't going to leave you. You knew that now.