Chapter 9 ~ Flames

You sobbed as the police car drove carelessly around fires, busted houses, tipped streetlights, all these things they'd thought you did. You sighed as your curled into a ball. As the car was driving it took you a second to realize when the vehicle spun out of control.The world spun past you through the windows and you gasped as you basically clung to the floor. The fire blazed around you and the people in the front of the car screamed. the car stopped. "What the hell was that?!" the girl exclaimed. The male shrugged in response. They both looked around and as you glanced out the window, you noticed a ring of fire placed around the vehicle. An arrow flung flew the window and ripped the head of the females chair open. She shrieked. The male looked out the window and when he reached for the door and his gun, a dagger flung through the already broken window and hit him in the eye. He yelled with a blood curdling shriek. It was something only a nightmare could bring into a nightmare. The female covered her ears and began crying as the male bled out. He struggled at first to remove the blade, but to no extent as eventually his arms fell and draped at his sides as his screams finally faded. 

                    You just stared wide eyed, totally speechless about what happened. The girl quickly got out of the car, but she was only surrounded by fire. "Keys keys keys." you mumbled to yourself, you had to get out. You saw the keys up on the dashboard, but blood had splattered them, and you couldn't reach them anyways. You looked at the window, trying to break it open with your small balled up fists, but it only made your knuckles hurt. You stopped and began panting in order to catch your breathe. You looked up just in time to see the girl fall to the ground, a perfect shot from a gun, bullet through the brain, really. You stared horrified. Something shook the vehicle. You looked around as you backed away from the window. As you turned away the glass shattered and you turned back with a small yelp. It was Frisk. "C-come on!! We...we need to get out of here." they said turning back to look around. "Oh my gosh, Frisk, its so good to see you!!!" you stated, pulling yourself through the broken window. Of course it cut you, but you didn't care. You hugged Frisk so tightly but they just merely pushed you away. "Frisk?" you asked nervously. You looked down at their hands, they had a crowbar, their fingers tightly wrapped around it. 'Thats just how they got you out, its okay' you thought nervously. "It was so scary, Frisk! Their screams sounded like they'd been pulled form a nightmare!" You explained. They nodded. "I know why," they turned away. "Hmm?" you hummed in response. "I am a bit of a nightmare, aren't I?" they turned back to look at you, but this wasn't Frisk. There was no way. This person was pale, their cheeks a little rosy. They looked at you with a crooked smile, her red eyes burned into you. Their shirt would glitch every few seconds into a green and yellow color instead of blue and magenta. They stared you down, a terrifying expression on their face. "G-get away from me!" you yelped backing up. "Oh, I'm afraid there is no where to run though, is there?" they said. "But your not F-Frisk, they..." you looked around at the fire. "Oh, shut up! Im obviously not Frisk" they said. "And don't call me a 'they' Im obviously female, idiot." she said, her voice would glitch too. She levitated over to you, now becoming taller than you, she seemed to pull reality apart at the seams. "I-i'll stop you!" you promised. You knew you could, you had determination! "Oh sure, you and your 'determination' will stop me! Don't you realize there is no one left to help you? My resets have overwritten yours!!!" she yelled. "I'm all powerful now! You can't stop me!" you laughed and laughed before jerking her hand towards the car. It flipped over, dragging into the flames. It eventually caught fire too. "We'll call that a timer." she said. "It'll explode in what? Three seconds?" she laughed again. You gasped as you watched it. 

                    It exposed, a big chunk of the car flew at you. You dodged it swiftly, its burning metal barely skimmed you. "W-whoah." you said, gaining your balance. She laughed and laughed. "Who the hell are you? What did you do to Frisk?!" you yelped. "Im Chara, and Frisk...Well...." she stopped a moment to think, "I am Frisk!" she said, her face flipping into the child you once knew. "Technically speaking that is," it returned to the horrific expression of Chara, "I possessed them of course." she laughed some more. So know you knew what had caused all of this, all the lives lost to this demon. She continued to snicker. "Why are you doing this?" you managed to squeak out, a pretty basic question to ask a psychopathic serial killer, mmm? She turned upside down and stared at you with black eyes, seeping into her nonexistent soul. "Doing what?" she extended the 'a' in the word 'what', her voice an eerie screech. "Killing these people, these monsters, Papyrus, Toriel, Undyne, S-" you couldn't finish the sentence. She started up laughing again. "Go on say it!" she said between laughs. You started full on sobbing. The only noise was the cackling of the flames ablaze around you and her eerie screech of a laugh. "Guess what?" she chirped. "W-what?" you sulked in response. "Your next!" she pulled the crowbar that had been dragging around behind her and held it above her head, prepared to hit you. 

                    "Any last words?" she inquired with a snicker, the black abyss leaking from her eyes and streaming down her cheeks before taking off at her chin, turning into clear beads of air. You nodded, "Im sorry." you shuddered. She laughed, "For what?" she asked. "For not stopping you while I had the chance, I failed everyone and now the world going to end." you said sadly. She continued to laugh and sneer and snicker at your every word, like it was just a prank and she couldn't contain her laughter. "Thats right! Goodbye, sweetie!" she said, slashing the crowbar through the air and onto your head.